Fuel Return

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Fuel Return

Post by rossnunn »

Alwight all.
This this the injector bar off my new multipoint:
http://www.citroen-pr.net/catalogues/il ... 40044A.gif
Does anyone know where the fuel return pipe goes?? Any pics / diagrams would be helpful too.
Cheers
Ro
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

There should be some form of regulator to control the fuel pressure at operating level ((2 - 3 bar)and the return pipe will collect the surplus fuel fr0om the regulator. Is the regulator item 3?
jeremy
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The regulator is normally a capsule type thing with four orifices. High pressure fuel in, regulated fuel out to the fuel rail (would go to item 5 on your pic), excess fuel return back to tank and a vacuum sense from the inlet manifold to regulate pressure against manifold depression. Normally they're on the end of the fuel rail but can be remote. What engine?
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Its a 1.4i Multipoit, TU3JP out of a 1998 306. It has the square, flatop inlet manifold rather than the round type.
I have a feeling it may have been removed, as I cannot see anything that resembles the description above.
The screw thing on the end of the injector rail (no. 5) is described as a bleed screw.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

number 5 is a schrader valve connection for checking the fuel pressure