Another one bites the dust.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

a car is just a car but the best ones are the old ones, style/class/age and value, new ones are worthless against the classic regions, the bx has a way to go but its a one of a kind, I have had many but my favourite is the XM because of its size and value for your money.
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

plus anyone who has owned one with this perfect suspension and stand alone mark will understand.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DoubleChevron</i>
I'd love to get my hands on a CX turbo diesel. Most certainly I'd get rid of any sh!tty BX to get one [}:)] [:D] [:p]
seeya,
Shane L.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Well, there are 3 (2 estates and a saloon) DTR Turbo 2's for sale a couple of hours up the road from me. They are all pretty rough (one is a shed, but then you know what old cars out of the UK are like!) I'm fairly sure a few hundered quid would buy the lot, but it would take about that much just to move them out of the field they are in.
There's another batch of 3 for sale on ebay at the moment. A GTi auto and two GTi Turbo 2's. Probably go for not much more than a couple of hundered quid too. Fancy 6 CX's for about £600?
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

In my experiance no, CX's left to sit rust. I've bought them and I've left them to sit.
I owned a Mk1 Prestige that had air pretending to be the front chassis longerons.
And a 20RE Familiale that had vents al la fred flintstones car (ie no floor)
The 2 best CX's I have owned cost good money and thats the only real way to buy IMHO.
If Id realised Tom wanted rid of the Mk1 you had as bad as he did i would have badgered him harder but i thought he wanted more for it at the time-very cagey of you Mr Sheppard :-)
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tomsheppard</i>

I would have preferred to have sent it classic banger racing just to annoy Certain Concerned Citrophiles.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Makes me feel a whole lot better about painting Vera matt black (that is of course if I can actually ever get her out of the lock up again - see bxclub)[:(]
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

I can see all points about this car: why there are likely to be concerned citrophiles, why this car is particularly special, and why Mr Sheppard might want to make a statement by causing it to not be available to the establishment of the CCC.
I'm not going to say much more about it at the moment, as I am still somewhat indebted to Mr Shepperd for the car, and I am in the middle of doing some repairs to it at the moment. Once it's MOT'd, and I'm using it, then I may well post some more about it.