What battery ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

leonardo

Post by leonardo »

Sister-in-law with her ill-fated Renault Clio told at MoT the battery needed replacing. She went to Krap-Fit. I'm sure it was around £80 she paid. About 3/4 mile along from there is a Halfords who fit batteries for £5, and they cost less than K-F.
I got a GSF own label and fitted it myself to my AX. A lot cheaper that way and it has been running fine since. Now heartbroken I need to sell the AX ...
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I've mentioned this before but, my '97 has the original battery. The '94 has a "Mammoth" brand battery which it has had for the last 5 years at least, and that included being stood uncharged for about 6 months.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by leonardo</i>

She went to Krap-Fit. I'm sure it was around £80 she paid.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
With a name like that, you can only expect disaster.
For that price you should be able to buy two batteries.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you sould allways put a battery on that matches charge system all be it heavy duty or not regards malcolm
leonardo

Post by leonardo »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Clogzz</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by leonardo</i>

She went to Krap-Fit. I'm sure it was around £80 she paid.
With a name like that, you can only expect disaster.
For that price you should be able to buy two batteries.
Hi Clogzz being in Aussie you may not realise that Krap-Fit is the common psneudonym for a large chain of rip off/poor quality exhaust, brake, tyre and battery centres in the UK that is called Kwik-Fit.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

yes and if you go to one of these establishments because there (fu**rs) sorry fiters are on comision for every thing they sell they will probably tell you your hydraulic cit needs new springs and shockers and any thing elss they think they can get away with regards malcolm
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Hi Clogzz being in Aussie you may not realise that Krap-Fit is the common psneudonym for a large chain of rip off/poor quality exhaust, brake, tyre and battery centres in the UK that is called Kwik-Fit.
Horror ! We may have them here too then, but they're only tyre kickers this far.
Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

A bit of totally useless info:
Tom Farmer who started Kwik-Fit began the business in Edinburgh using a Ford 100E van which he later sold. Been in it; and it's been garaged for a long time now but can still run.
Back in the 80's I always preferred Smileys, a rival chain.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

The Varta catalogue shows you need a 62Ah, 480 Cold cranking current - standard battery, or 62Ah 600 for their Silver Dynamic!
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by citronut</i>

They will probably tell you your hydraulic cit needs new springs and shockers and anything else they think they can get away with
Regards Malcolm
That's called 'snake oil merchands' here.