A time bomb?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Ive had a look on the net to see if I could find any data on Turbo conversions on 2cv's but I found a supercharged GS engined one!
http://www.citroen.mb.ca/mystery/
Look ugly with all those bits stuck to it but I bet its a lot of fun.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

As Stinkwheel knows, these vans can rot a treat too. With a gas fitment like that, do you think it's been well looked after?
I'll pass on this one methinks!
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

If it is using a genuine LPG cylinder, and the one we see in the photo is the heater - then there shouldn't be the need for extra reinsforcement. If you convert, say an AX it would more than likey use a Doughnut cylinder in place of the spare wheel. They are designed to withstand any impact. This van however leads us to question it though!
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

The guy who drives my daughter's school bus has an LPG 2CV, he reckons the biggest danger is that with a full cylinder and a full tank of essence you forget that it needs to be refueled from time to time [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D], doesn't leave a lot of space in the boot either, the only other thing was that it was none too easy to start after he'd had the connversion done until he'd tinkered with it a bit, he also runs a BX1.9 (GT or GTi, cant remember which) which he reckons is cheaper to run than a 1.9 diesel, it certainly goes OK
Pete
________
GSX-R SERIES
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 06:04, edited 1 time in total.
Paulmi16
My Cars:

Post by Paulmi16 »

Well someone had bid £510 so far for it, which to me seems a bit expensive for a gas bbq. Best of all its reserve not yet met.
If i'm after an unusual Citroen i'll hold out for a GS Birotor.
Paul.
Paulmi16
My Cars:

Post by Paulmi16 »

Its now upto £1001 and still not met its reserve.
Paul.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Someone is taking the mick there.........
A bag of sand reserve not met, as Ian said these things can rust, just look at the one in my car port (not mine anymore as of this evening, sold and yes it it was the curtis you were thinking off)
Anyway, the white one is not that nice, rather have the blue one on e-bay, thats proper nice.