stereo killed alternator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

Just as a matter of interest, Mosser, what do you do about insuring your Xantia? I mean, since the audio system is probably worth about as much as the rest of the car put together? Do you declare the additions, or do you reckon you'll let the insurance company find out about them if you ever need to?
(The reason I ask is that I just got an insurance quote of £169 for my 1995 1.8 16v, fully comp with full business use. It suddenly made me realise just how little the car is worth!)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

All speakers were 3 ohm's when I was alive, then they became anything up to 80 ohms with the advent of transistors, now we have high power shock wave equipment in cars, and lo and behold, they are 3 ohms again!
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Its not declared on the insurance and im just hoping that noone nicks it, Being a 1998 xantia 1.8i with 150k on the clock, i'd say its unlikely though, but i did try my insurers with it all declared and it put £200 on to the quote so i didnt bother in the end, the insurance quote is higher than the value of the car, i'd say its worth about £250 even though i bought it for £100
How do you get your insurance so cheap ?, mine is £500 with business use 50k per year and kept on the driveway, that wasy with direct line
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mosser</i>
How do you get your insurance so cheap ?, mine is £500 with business use 50k per year and kept on the driveway, that wasy with direct line
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Age, I'm afraid. I'm over 50, 15 years no claims, just me and the missus on the policy as named drivers, £100 excess, about 12k a year, and we live in a rock-bottom crime area.
I'm with Fortis, BTW. They were very fair with me when I got slammed into by White Van Man earlier this year, so I'd recommend them. Especially since the £169 quote came <i>after</i> the shunt.[:)]
Oh yeah, White Van Man was with Direct Line [}:)] Though they played fair too.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Ahh, that does help, i'm 33 and with the mileage and the fact i have only got 2 years no claims means mine will be higher i suppose