zx volcane dt suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stubbsy

zx volcane dt suspension

Post by stubbsy »

just lowered the front of the zx with 35mil springs.(havnt done the back yet,need a DRY WEEKEND for that. when i droped the struts they had 16v printed on them.great improvment than standard except there is a real bad clunk from the front end now when goin over bumps.(not the upward motion but the downward motion if you no what i mean).all drop links seem to be fine,you cant hear it inside the car but can hear it with the window down.should this be??? yes maybe with 60mil springs but surely not with 35!!!ps what should i drop the rear by? 30mil??
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Did you get the proper springs for the diesel as i know someone who put Pug306XSi spings on his 306D Turbo and they couldnt support the weight of the car properly and clanked over bumps.
If thats not it I would suspect droplinks, they are fairly cheap and i replaced mine when i lowered my ZX as a matter of course.
As for the rear, mine was lowered 25mm which keeps the look in proportion to the fronts 35mm drop, any more and it looks a bit crap.
You can looks at some photos of mine at www.dhendry.plus.com/images/zx to see what it looks like dropped 35mm front 25mm rear
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

looks good VLL, like the wheels too. where did you get the springs from?
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

I bought a GMax kit about 4 years ago at a local shop, have been in a ZX with Spax and although i have had good results on other cars with Spax the GMax suits the ZX much better, not as harsh over bumps but still firm and keeps it fairly flat in the turns.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Intresting to read. I've lowered my 1.4 the same & to be honsit driving it you wouldn't know, sure its a little stiffer but no where near as bad as some I've driven, it sokes up bumps really well & very rarely hits the bump stops. Unlike my bro's.
He has a 306 1.9TD & thats crap. Its very harsh, choppy, crashes over bumps the complete opposite of the ZX. We have honed it down to three things;
1) The weight of the TD engine
2) The rubber bands for tyres on his 17's
3) Him driving to fast
The last one we ruled out when I drove it. The second we've yet to try, he'll be changing the wheels to steelies for the winter. So that only leaves one. Althogh until his changed his wheels we don't know for sure.
Nice vids by the way, very cool & brave for the cameraman