Police in the South - Idiots!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

rbruce1314
My Cars:

Post by rbruce1314 »

Just a word about having fun. My brother in law was a copper and did the highspeed driving bit. One of the tests was to drive (supervised) down the M1, lights and horns on, for at least an hour without doing LESS than 100mph except if braking for an emergency. He said it was the most tiring drive he had ever done, the concentration levels needed were so high.
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Your logic is fatally flawed. Police drives are legally permitted to ignore the speed limit whilst on police business. Joe public is not. PC Mark Milton was on Police business, taking the initiative to familiarise himself with his new cars handling at high speed. End of story.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">This is absolutely correct. A police officer can ignore spead limits, road signs, road markings etc, in the course of their lawful duty, where to not do so would otherwise unreasonably hinder the execution of such duty.
s87 Road Trtaffic Act. It's in black and white.
PC1192 turbolag.
Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

<font color="red"><i>People bash police because its a fashionable thing to do.</i></font id="red">
No, because too many of the police (especially their top strata) these days seem to be batting for a somewhat different side to that of ordinary, decent people.
<font color="red"><i>They deal with the scum of the earth on a daily basis </i></font id="red">
They also happen to be the daily-basis enforcers for the control-freaking corrupt scum that nowadays masquerade themselves as a "democratic" government... and what ruling body is it that unleashes 57 varieties of malevolent scrote on the rest of the population in the first place, while denying anyone else the right to self-defence? Yes, the very same "government" that the police serve. Wasn't it a feature of Stalin's USSR that the inherently nastier element of the population were utilised by the government to keep the bulk of the public perpetually demoralised -- and as a side benefit, thereby generate a dependency relationship (based more on forlorn hope than reality) between them and the State's politicised police?
<font color="red"><i>Police are a rare comodity these days and I admire the job they do.</i></font id="red">
"Commodity" increasingly does seems to be the right word for it. Just wondered, where can one buy a secondhand Brunstrom?
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I think it's time to draw a line under this thread.