Lane discipline

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

The worst example of bad lane discipline [:(!] recently has to be what a certain boxer allegedly did in his car, which was featured in all the papers yesterday. Where apparently the rough details are that he overtook too many cars, staying in the wrong lane on a two lane two way road for far too long, and drove the car at excessive speed to carry out the manoeuvre. The result was a lot of damage, and distress to a lot of people as the pictures in the papers showed.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

The worst bit about what that certain person allegedly did was to flee the scene. He left injured people trapped in a car and ran off, that says a lot about a person. They could have been dead, but all he was bothered with was not getting caught.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

The worst bit about what that certain person allegedly did was to flee the scene. He left injured people trapped in a car and ran off, that says a lot about a person. They could have been dead, but all he was bothered with was not getting caught.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, I agree this alleged person made the whole situation a lot worse by thinking only about himself, and fleeing the scene, with no consideration, or remorse for what happened, and the health, and safety of others.
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

There is nothing more irritating than drivers who stick in the middle lane of the motorway. You can guarantee that if you see a Volvo 440 it will be doing 60 in the middle lane with a guy with a flat cap driving it.
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

For me its usually being stuck behind Rovers and Hondas
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

I remember one particular journey round the southern section of the M25, every single person was jammed over in lanes 3 and 4, and doing about 55-60 mph. Lane 1 had the odd truck in it, and lane 2 was empty... literally. In the middle of what should have been reasonably heavy traffic, I had my own personal lane! Not wanting to push my luck too hard, I stuck it at bang on 70, and drove along my lane, making better progress than anyone else on the M25 that evening! Uttery ridiculous really, but there you go.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Fastandetc, had that one myself on the M25, they seemed too busy on the phone to notice that the trucks and I were passing them all! Had a rum drive back through Snowdonia today, caught up to two separate ones with a top speed of 42MPH, out on the white lines, braking to 25-30 MPH for every bend, braking when traffic came the other way??? braking quite fiercely to 25 MPH in a 40 limit??? where do these people come from?
Stewart