Leather seats fitment???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Leather seats fitment???

Post by mezuk04 »

I was wondering if anyone knows whether leather seats (front and back) would be easily fitted into my 'signature' car. The car is a ZX Volcane 3 door with full black leather trim for sale. I have no information regarding the spec of the car, any ideas???
Regards
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

If the car you are transplanting to is a 3 door they will fit. If its a 5 door they wont.
Be aware of any changes such as seatbelt pretensioers and side airbags (dont think the ZX ever got those). More info on which car you want to transplant too would be appreciated.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Yes, that was a bit stupid of me, my car is a 5 door, whoops should have noted that me' thinks.
Regards
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Did they ever make a 5 door with leather? could you adapt 3 door stuff to fit?
Also did they ever make a TD with air con? If not, is it remotely possibly to fit something from say a pug 405, or a xantia?
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wilkobob</i>

Did they ever make a 5 door with leather? could you adapt 3 door stuff to fit?
Also did they ever make a TD with air con? If not, is it remotely possibly to fit something from say a pug 405, or a xantia?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'm sure with a bit of cutting and welding you could swap the front seat frames around to make them fit.
As for the air con....you do see the odd ZX in a breakers with it. But as for retro fitting an A/C system into a ZX...of course it could be done, however it would be a dash out..engine out operation.
You would really have to want air con! Not to mention if you forgot a component when you stripped it out of the donor car! What would a main dealer want for that all important relay or control box??
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Well ive never seen one to this day with air con (and ive seen a few zx's, and theres plenty in breakers yards about the place). I seem to remember reading that it was fitted to some petrol and diesel models but not the Turbo D. Might be a project for summer, and also might not haha! Ive been saying for the past 2 years my next car is going to have air con, and 5 cars later it still doesnt.
As for the seats, I suppose they would fit with patience and a welder... then it all depends how much they are in the first place!