Mk1 Diesel BX off ebay. Vendor needs a kicking.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I always understood it meant Plein, Rue, Nuit ie Rain, Road and Night, which makes sense for Wipers, indicators and horn, and head lights. In fact on the Visa, the controls are in this order from the top down. I learnt to drive in a Visa like this, and the decap has these controls. Once you get used to them, they are really very good - everything can be reached without taking your hand off the steering wheel. Guy who checked the tracking on the Visa in 2001 did a double take when he got in though!!
IIRC the early BX had a rotary speedo that had no minimum stop, and if you booted it in reverse the speedo would wind backwards and show you were doing 120 mph!!
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

Image dont know if this has worked if not heres the hyperlink. By the way which one of the buttons is to beam me up[:D]
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

That's the bunney. The one my mother had was while we were living on the continent, so it looks absolutely correct in LHD to me!
The "beam me up" button is 2nd from the right in the row of 5 [:D]
Car manufacturers will never be this bold ever again. The risk is too great. Shame. Cars are becoming amazingly bland.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RichardW</i>

I always understood it meant Plein, Rue, Nuit ie Rain, Road and Night, which makes sense for Wipers, indicators and horn, and head lights. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Pluie, route, nuit as opposed to 'full, street & night' :)
The entire GSA dash looks great!
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

oh that brings back memories...my first car was a citroen visa 652CC special...mine was a lower spec one as i didnt have a clock...but what is that dial in the middle of the ash tray??? i didnt have one of those either
aah sweet nostalgia...must have done 30 odd thousand miles in mine.... it died at about 105000 miles
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

I had a Visa super X with that dash (at the time this was the performance visa - just before the GT was launched) It was really good, handled very nicely, just needed a little more go. It had the factory metric alloys, blimey the tyres were expensive.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Well, it's been a week now since I was supposed to be collecting the PRN BX DTR. Having tried both 'phone numbers on and off all week, I have still had no reply. The vendor's ebay account appears to have stopped being attended to as well: There was 2 or 3 feedbacks being left per day up unitl just over a week ago. Since then, nothing.
No email either, and the text I sent a week ago still hasn't got a delivery report.
It looks suspiciously like the vendor has vapourised off the face of the earth! I just hope she wasn't trying to drive the BX with it's leaky LHM, and lost brakes, with rather nasty results.
Well, I still have a rather forlorn looking bottle of LHM sitting here. Time to find another vehicle for it to go in.
David.
Ghostrider.... did you get my email about your BX?