Any decent scrapyards/breakers ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

I saw the most fantastic scrapyard ever in Dorset a few years back. I couldnt beleive it was real- loads and loads of GS's and GSA's, DS's, BX's etc. I wouldnt know how to get back there. Do you know of this one Peter? Id really like to revisit it. Its better than a pristine classic car show in a way!! You get to a point where the grass is so long that all you can see is old Citroen rooftops that go on and on through a whole field!
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

I've found a few of the good breakers here in Dorset, but aparently have yet to find this one! There's a pretty good one just north of Shaftesbury on the A350. They have a huge area, and the bloke who runs it is really helpful. They are concerned about letting people take bits off cars themselves, as they've been stung with all manner of legislation and insurance probems in the past, but prices are good.
tone depear

Post by tone depear »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zxb29</i>

I think we need to start a Scrapyard Breakers thread. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
YES YES YES!
Anyone know of any in/near Sheffield? [:I]
tanto
My Cars:

Post by tanto »

finding good breakers seems to be a growing problem cant seem to find any near to where i live (lanarkshire in scotland) that deal with citroens
CommY
My Cars:

Post by CommY »

We are blessed here in the Darlington area of the NE. In Bishop Aucland (winners of the 1st World Cup) there is Bells Auto Salvage, they occupy a 4 Acre site all stacked 2-3 tall with literally 1000's of cars. There are several types of even the most obscure Alfa's 90's, Milano's, Suds galore mmmmmmmmmmmm! etc, 20ish Xantias and 8ish BX's SCRAPPY HEAVEN!!
You want an engine? they give you a battery, jump leads and away you go find.
They will strip stuff for you but it's slightly less cheap (plus you can't fill your pockets with relays, switches etc.
tone depear

Post by tone depear »

My girlfriend's family live in Darlo...
[:D][:D][:D][:D]
tanto
My Cars:

Post by tanto »

i found one in coatbride in scotland called fallons large yard lots of cars peugeots citreons etc had about 15 xantias when i went last week
i got a hp pump and alternator for my xantia for £25 each
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

If you are in the South Wales area - Gillards in Neath abbey are very cheap and stock older citroen - BX and Visa. Also try Bishops autospares in Clydach/Pontardawe, im told that they are quite reasonable. STAY well away from Pick-Up-Spares in Landore and Llansamlet - very very expensive (£60 for a rear bumper for a Mondeo, and it had a crack in it)! Also im told of a breakers in Gorseinon - by the sports complex, but I aint ever been there and it aint advertised locally (very hush hush). Also another rumor is of a small breakers on Gower (I aint ever seen that one) and of a huge site somewhere in the Brynamman/GCG/Black Mountain area - if this one is there do tell us [;)]