This week’s irrelevant post

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

>RichardW: Im impressed. Ive owned 6 Visa's and never seen that much rust on the inner wing! :)
It's 'coz it's a decap. Heulliez (sp?) thoughtfully welded an extra sheet in under the wing when they chopped the roof off, which acted as a perfect water trap and the inner wings rusted out - they're all like that apparently. The rot then gets in the seam at the back of the inner wing, and then into the foot wells, hence the state of the drivers floor. have though of a plan for the floor - going to get along to the scrappers and cut one out of a C15. One year. The photo of the bike was taken in 2002, and the Visa is on axle stands as I was changing the exhaust manifold. Progress is, er, slow....!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I thought I was bad. Mine was in the garage for 2.5 years! although 1 year of that I had a maimed collar bone so couldnt do anything and the last half year ive been working on it. Its off at a proper garage now having the last bit of the wiring loom sorted. Hopefully it will be on the road in a week and I can thrash it around Snetterton in May for an event ive entered :) There was a convertible sat outside an old citroen garage here for ages and they went bust and donno where it went. If only I had the space I would have bought it off them to use in the summer etc. It had awful box speakers somehow strapped around the bar between the B pillar :D
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paranoid</i>

ERrrr Jon is your ankle broken[;)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Or is he double jointed [?]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well, if a certain young lady who sucked, and kissed David Mellors feet many years ago, has a
Image look at this thread she will be pleased to see all these feet. [:D] [:)] [:D]
Whose feet
Image would Antonia pick [?] [;)]
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hmmm I think someone stole two strings off the guitar... Unless its a minute base that only plays high base notes of course? heh heh..
Rust hates old engine oil? just a thought. ;-)
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Moving away from feet - went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in 4 years. Finally got an NHS one.
I need 3 extractions (wisdom teeth), 4 fillings and a cap. Oh the pain, the pain.
Please no remarks regarding the loss of wisdom teeth and my recent purchase!
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Okay then i wont make the link between wisdom teeth and recent PURCHASE, but i will emphasis that you the same number of teeth to be removed as number of french things on the drive!
Has to make you wonder!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Just pulled the rear wheel off to clean the underside and gunk - look at the lovely crop of potatos I found in the mud underneath.
A prize of a potato goes to anyone who remembers which 80's song the little quote in my signature came from (actually was only ever utered in the video by a South African actor - who also appeared in Lethal Weapon 3).
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Not "It Couldn't Happen Here" per chance?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

The line was indeed used in the film "It couldnt happen here" but was regurgitated in the music video for the PSB song "Opportunities".
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I'm glad to hear it.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

caption to the picture above: Daisy is thinking "would you PLEASE bog off!"
How high did the pile of stuff get before a certain cat decided enough was enough?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

That was the limit - got the idea from:
http://www.ashearer.f2s.com/blog/?p=2
where this bloke has a very lazy cat called Wesley.
This is Wesley playing Buckaroo...