Oil Change Interval on HDi?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

On my last trip to GSF the guys on the counter reckoned that using the quartz 9000 was excessive on the HDi. I suppose as Im changing it every 6k anyway a good semi is ok. I bought their 'quantum' brand 10w40, which according to the back of the bottle is part of the Volkswagen group! The guy also said that Castrol make it. Learn something new every day eh!
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Some of the Volvo trucks that I write service bulletins for have by-pass oil filters fitted - about the size of a small drum of oil - with these babies they only need to change oil one or twice a year - and that means 60,000 - 120,000 km per oil change! Just as well - the engine takes 28 liters and the by-pass filter another 6!
//NiSk
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Yes, but those trucks are hard to park... [:D]
Most recent germanic cars (BMW and Mercedes) also may have oil changes between every two years or up to 30.000kms intervals. The driver doen't need to worry as the computer, base on driving manners and other factors informs when the oil should be replaced.
From the previous posts I'm sure none of the members would wait for the computer signal to change the oil... [8D]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I know one who would!
jeremy
pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Post by pete_wood_uk »

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Given that the car doesn't get a huge annual mileage - I'm expecting 10-12k this year - and often gets trips of about 8 miles into the nearest town which isn't really enough to get it hot, I'll go with my first instinct and change it more often. Right now it doesn't smoke and appears to use no oil whatsoever, so I'd like to keep it that way :-).
Thanks
Pete