Mad BX Weekend........

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Post by Jon »

Thats a nice easy welding repair on the inner wing, once the air filter box and battery are out of the way, and the glow plug timer is unbolted.
When do you collect the car, and when do you want "The B Team" on it?!?!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Subject to Braithwaites having the trailer - Saturday. Then I can see Sunday being anything but a day of rest!
The wife is now resigned to the front of the house looking like a Citroen car yard. Still a bunch of flowers and i suspect she will be happy.
No doubt emails and texts to you and Dave will follow......
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
And this for Mr W [:D][:D], for letting me<b>empty his beer fridge</b> and for his advice and help in getting my BX to ride better than I thought it ever could[8D]. <b>I floated home this morning with a silly grin!</b>
I thank you!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
'n when are ya going back to collect the car??[:D][:D][8D]
Alan S[:o)]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

come on alan he clearly floated back on a magic carpet- of a ride in his hyrdraulic citroen, sheesh you'd think you might notice this is a Citroen forum oh well! I reckon it's the home brew! [:D]
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Man it looks really weird to see a turbo hanging off a BX motor. I wonder if the deisel manifold would bolt upto the 1.9litre 8valve petrol motor [}:)] Now there would be a BX that would be fun .... Bit of a megaquirt conversion, no worries about having to fabricate a manifold for the turbo or anything [:D]
C'mon I know someone out there wants to try it !!
seeya,
Shane L.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Saturday morning it is.[:D] Trailer and co-driver / morale officer booked. Thermos on standby, large bag of baggin being prepared.
My journey into BX-hood begins....[}:)] What have I done[?]
Expect more words and pictures soon.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vanny</i>

come on alan he clearly floated back on a magic carpet- of a ride in his hyrdraulic citroen, sheesh you'd think you might notice this is a Citroen forum oh well!<b>I reckon it's the home brew!</b> [:D]
Not at about 9 in the morning (our time) Vanny; Uhh no. That's a bit early for me.
Have a couple of nice Lagers maturing at present though as a variance from the Stouts and Bitters I've been doing of late.
It;s big business out here & I think you're a home brewer aren't you?
Ever seen any of these over there?
http://www.morgansbrewing.com.au/home.asp
http://www.coopers.com.au/default2.asp
Alan S
PS. Sorry about the hijack, but all BX owners should do this. When driven to drink, there's always something there.[8D][8D]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

I tend to get most of my stuff from Vina in BOOTLE, they do the 'ingredients' kits, but i think there under another brand. I use there stuff for no other reason than Vina is very a local company (and i like supporting locals), and since Liverpool is the capital of binge drinking in the UK i figure they must be good :D
I dont really do enough brews in the year to get through many different types, but i now buy the Vina kits from a very little shop on london road. The shop is no more than 2 metres wide and 4 metres long and the little old guy who owns/runs it doesn't say a lot until you get him talking, but the kits they have come from all over the world! Biggest problem is not the size, but the guy only opens when he feels like it!
Will check out if they have tose others though!
And i dont think its too much of a HiJack, the very first post shows and makes reference to beer/lager!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Ah home brewing, i am a dabbler in the art myself, used to have problems keeping it all warm enough here, now I use a hot belt thing around my brew bucket theres no stopping me, Alan I am sure that the Morgans kits are available over here, I just usually do a cooking bitter kit, works well enough (as some of my late night posts might testify) perhaps the the earlier thread about certain forum members not getting out enough has some truth!
Stewart
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Rather than set off on a tangent, I've just posted a topic close to some of our hearts on the General Chat forum. Having done this in Oz it usually reveals some interesting facts on a favourite topic.
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=13111
Alan S[;)][;)]
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oilyspanner</i>

Ah home brewing, i am a dabbler in the art myself, used to have problems keeping it all warm enough here, now I use a hot belt thing around my brew bucket theres no stopping me, Alan I am sure that the Morgans kits are available over here, I just usually do a cooking bitter kit, works well enough (as some of my late night posts might testify) perhaps the the earlier thread about certain forum members not getting out enough has some truth!
Stewart
The real problem is keeping it cool. Some of the Muntons yeasts like to be at 18degrees ........ That's *real* difficult out here. You get cidery tastes if they ferment to fast at higher temperatures. If they get over 28degrees (easily done) you will kill the yeast.
seeya,
Shane L.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Heavens, these BXs get you in a ferment...
Jon was indeed getting his hands dirty. Everything else, too. I'm glad it now runs properly. I may have somebody for Bernie's estate but he's gone all quiet about that;
(Probably got ripped off swapping it for a Merak*)
*This is an in joke- see "Silence we're at the opera"
Nice to meet you Mr B.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Good to meet you Tom, I've a good picture of you and DLM deep it the bowels of the purple beastie, I'll post it when I get chance[;)]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

No, a shot of our esteemed Jon about midway through Saturday, alongside the creature from the black lagoon!
Anyway, Ticket tomorrow. Good Luck Jon.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Was Tom waist-deep in BX at the time, Dave? I feel someone should be immortalised in that pose for posterity. Hope the Sunday was easier going than the Saturday.