Impulse buying - I must be MAD!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

My Cars:

Post by 609 »

Cool.
I saw the same car on Auto Trader a few weeks back. Tempted myself.
Coming back to the UK from Holland, I see that 309s are fast becoming extinct here - even in breakers yards. The Dutch, on the other hand, love French cars and you can still find lots of good examples. My 309 was in mint condition when
I bought it at 100,000k.
On the Dutch Auto Trader this week is a rather nice GTI for Euro 2,500.
My Cars:

Post by 609 »

Speaking of impulse purchases, this Dutch site may tempt some:
http://www.franse-klassiekers.nl
Currently on offer is a 504 with only 20,000k. . .
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

Well it's been two weeks nearly and my pockets are much lighter for it. Just part of the fun of being a GTi driver.
Front Wheel bearings done due to noise starting 4 days ago.
Whatever caused the small dent on the N/S wing seems to have hit the wheel pretty badly meaning I had to do the Track Rod End and have a new Wishbone on order due to movement in the Lower Ball Joint.
Also some overheating problems have cropped up due to a duff rad fan switch, I've now sorted that.
All in all I'm pleased with the purchase but as you'd expect with a car thats 13 years old there is a page long list of little things that need sorting to get it just right. (Bits of trim, dials, dents etc.) But I'll get there, Rome was not built in a day.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

DVLA site tells me my last Vo5 was in 2004? But I have owned the car since 2001?? So details are deffinatley iffy..
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by James.UK</i>

DVLA site tells me my last Vo5 was in 2004? But I have owned the car since 2001?? So details are deffinatley iffy..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That will be when your new "booklet" type V5 was issued. V5 issure does not equal change of keeper.