Advice sought! ZX Avantage or Volcane.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Foxy
My Cars:

Post by Foxy »

Thanks for the reply @arry, will check filter. Cheers, Foxy.[:)]

If it were me, I'd be looking at finding out why the oil pressure light stays on for 10 seconds on the Volcane. Change the filter for a genuine one (about £3 from GSF) and see if this makes a difference. Hopefully, the light is just staying on because the filter has no drain back valve, or the one in the filter has failed. This means that the engine has to fill the filter before oil pressure builds up.
If it's the same with a new genuine Purflex filter, then there's a problem with the engine - worn mains, big ends or oil pump.
Nice as the Volcane is (no contest), if you're moving house soon, you don't need the extra expense of repairing a duff car.
[/quote]
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

The orange light is oil level. It should come on for about 5 or 6 seconds then go out if the level is OK. If not, it flashes for about 15-20s. The sensors are notoriously fickle, and sometimes it just comes on for no reason. Parking on a slight slope is often enough to provoke it. As long as there is plenty of oil on the dipstick, and the red pressure light goes out almost immediately, nothing to worry about.
Foxy
My Cars:

Post by Foxy »

Thanks, Richard, guess what its suddenly stopped coming on, so I'll keep an eye on it. Cheers,
Foxy.

The orange light is oil level. It should come on for about 5 or 6 seconds then go out if the level is OK. If not, it flashes for about 15-20s. The sensors are notoriously fickle, and sometimes it just comes on for no reason. Parking on a slight slope is often enough to provoke it. As long as there is plenty of oil on the dipstick, and the red pressure light goes out almost immediately, nothing to worry about.
[/quote]
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

Just a thought I have A ZX Aura 1.9TD and I'm doing her up, as the Aura and Volcane both come with 1.9TD (XUD) engines. Are they different or the same? meaning some BHP, acceleration?
Foxy
My Cars:

Post by Foxy »

Hi,
To answer your question both engines are absolutely identical and the BHP is definitely the same. The only reason I think my volcane out performes the avantage is due to the fuel pump injection timing being 'spot-on'. The Avantage is really faultless but when I drive the Volcane the acceleration is literally 'frightening'
Regards,
Foxy!