Xant no more.........(now with pictures)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

a tow bar like that you mean??
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Hell! who needs nose weight with a rig like that!
//NiSk
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

That shell is undoubtedly un-repairable. If you start investigating under the car I would put money on some of the rear suspension pic-up points being out of alignment. I think it now qualifys as being a "parts car" only.
Another thing that can help to speed up the insurance squabble that is undoubtedly about to commence, is to deal direct with the other person's insurer. If you do everything "through" your own insurer, it will almost certainly take longer than it should.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Just had a phonecall from Tesco insurance the other person accepts full liability [:)][:)] They want to do everything through them so thats ok with me.
Just hope they don't skin me with the valuation, but have got receipts for every thing done to the car since I had it (even down to plip batterys)
Haven't had one returned call from my insurance yet, waiting for calls from 4 companys [:(!]
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

you need to stress that for its age it was low milage and well looked after, any evidence you can get will help you. then go to auto traider and find one cheep xant with the same speck that is close to yours and one expensive one of the same speck, now try and prove that the car can match the quality of the more expensive car (which shouldnt be hard). also bring up that your a member of a few forums and the car is something you have alot of pride in. and then hold off for a good amount.
Andy
Waxee

Post by Waxee »

"tis a good old accident black spot that I live just 5 mins away and think I passed you.On a lighter note isnt the A&E at nuneaton the most depressing place you have ever been." from born2die.
Sorry mate, you've got that wrong, should read "....lighter note isnt Nuneaton the most depressing place you have ever been."
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

yup it sure is especially with the new shopping centre monstrosity now built none of the public wanted it but as its just across from the council hous we can only but guess why it was pushed through?
Howcome you know nuneaton that well most people see the sign and run a mile
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I must here admit to having lived there,In Orchard street down by the station and attended Attleborough County Junior school until I was 9 and we escaped, sorry, moved........
Waxee

Post by Waxee »

I know Nuneaton because I worked there for two years. Gibbs Technology is still there, probably the biggest factory there, opposite the cemetary. We designed and built the Gibbs Aquada High Speed Amphibious Vehicle. Ha ! Guess who's hydraulic spheres they used to raise and lower the wheels ?
Check out http://www.aquada.co.uk/