What did you do this weekend?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

Having sold my dreadful Golf TD for what it owed me (plus a drink, but we're only talking a bottle of lemonade) I have purchased a BMW E30 touring from ebay which needs the head doing. £275 for the car and £80 to bring it here. 1989G with no rust and BM history. Can't be bad, something to fill my spare time with over the next couple of weeks.
Apart from that I have been working solid at the hospital. Easter comes slap bang in the middle of my 'stretch of ten' which is nice..........
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

put the 2.1 back together and moved it under the car ready for it to be bolted into the xantia. extended the bathroom 60cm (2 ft) in one direction added a bath to the room (instead of the waterfall (through the floor)-shower)). painted the master bedroom after plastering it!
Slept because I was tired from the work in the house. talked to vanny about the 2.1 wiring loom.
thats about it!
Andy
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Nothing car related (except selling the surplus Pug 306 I had lying about for more money than I could have hoped) as I spent the entire weekend refitting the bathroom. Now I'm back at work I need a sleep....
However, car job are stacking up in the background. Both Xantia and ZX need cambelts, ZX needs new rear subframe mounts before the MOT, Xantia needs LHM change, filter clean, height corrector lubing. The list is endless....
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

This weekend I have mostly been discovering how many miscellaneous items it's possible to fit into a hydropneumatic Citroen. Nothing new here, except that I had both a BX and CX at my disposal this time.
For once I did have a valid excuse: moving myself and my wordly goods into a new flat, which included decanting various items out of shed where they've been in store. I also discovered that after taking the front wheel off, it's possible to get a (carefully wrapped) mountain bike into the rear passenger compartment of a CX saloon.....
FDV - do you still want the black clock tray for the 16v? Or the use of a mechanic's stethoscope?
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Went and drove around the Nurburgring
FDV
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by FDV »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VisaGTi16v</i>

Went and drove around the Nurburgring
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You win [^]
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

heh ta, my supra's front bumper lost against a bank however :) its fixable with some glue and reinforcement and touch up paint. Hit it hard enough to spin the 1.5 ton thing round so no idea how nothing else was broken, theres 3 oil coolers behind the bumper etc. My old zx would have crumpled up.