TOO MANY BADGES !

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Ahh, but who said anything about selling the Xantia.
My grand plan is that come the day this car finally succumbs to being replaced as main family haulabout and tow car it will slide into place as second car and work hack.
Besides, if push comes to shove, a hairdryer and some degreaser and they are soon gone.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well this is not a long name, but who would drive a car called Naked ?
This is the Daihatsu Naked. [:D] LOL [:D]

martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Ridden a motorbike naked (well - had a lid on).
Very cold. Thankfully the photographs will never appear on the web.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

That makes two of us then Marty.....mine wasnt too cold, summer, couldnt afford acorn effect.
Stewart
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Millenium New Years Eve - rode it to a party (NO I WASNT DRINKING - working a late shift followed by an early new years day) and then rode it round the Balderstone estate in Freck about 1.30am.... Wet & cold with full acorn effect.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

To keep it warm, and avoid the "acorn effect" Isuzu make a special model. [:D]
The Isuzu Bighorn [:D]

ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

the activa has only 2 non standard badges the turbo and abs, they look sh*** because they are indead taken from a tzd or dtr bx. the activa badge on the boot is standard for the early cars and for some reason you cant buy them of citroen (its not in thre parts database (PR-net).
Andy
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ActivaV6uk</i>

the activa has only 2 non standard badges the turbo and abs, they look sh*** because they are indead taken from a tzd or dtr bx. the activa badge on the boot is standard for the early cars and for some reason you cant buy them of citroen (its not in thre parts database (PR-net).
Andy
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
O....K.......[?][?]
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

I'm going to stick a plate on the outside of my house - "CH,H&C,2Bath,3Bed,sepDR". Why is it necessary to advertise the rude fundamentals under the bonnet? I like the simple "Citroen XM" on the back of my car, I'd remove the garbage on the front wings if it didn't leave unsightly holes. No mention of the engine size, which gives me the chance to have a giggle at the expense of boy racers /company carists who think they're the fastest thing on the road. And just in case you're wondering, I'm the old boy (balding, specs) in the cockpit, with number 1 son in front of me and number 2 son sitting out on the rail.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Does anyone know if I can get a '83 grommets' badge to put on the Dyane tailgate, or a '146 M7 nuts and 334 washers' one for the DS?
JFI, Citroen did not put their name visibly anywhere on the DS - they did not need to - it could not be anything else!
There are a few 2CVs with '4 valves no turbo' badges on them [:D]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

OK not a long name, and maybe it does not have too many badges, but what a C**P name for a car, the Hyundai Pony.
They could have put some more thought into it, and picked a better name. [:)]
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

What I really hate is when dealers put their own advertising badges on the back of cars, as if plastering their name in the back window and on the numberplates wasn't enough! I would reject a new car if I found it had a dealer name badge on it. Luckily its a trend that seems to be dieing out recently.
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

I always laugh at the Jap import MPVs you see about with "Extra Super Luxury" badges plastered all over them. The full model title would be about 17 words long with 17 different fonts, if I could be arsed to write them all out.
Also, Only the Japs would actually badge their cars "Family Fun Vehicle" (Toyota Picnic) and "Joy Machine" (Honda HR-V).
Other daft Jap names - Mazda Bongo Brawnee/Mazda Bonga Friendee. Or how about the Mitsubishi Canter Guts? Lovely.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

How about this one, the Proton (sounds like a tablet/medication) Jumbuck (what a name !!)
This vehicle is a pick up, and like most pick ups will have Jumback on the rear panel/tailgate in large letters. I have looked at their web site which is :- www.proton.co.uk
They have decided to put the name Jumbuck right across the middle of the rear panel in red letters, nice and subtle, not !
Proton had the suspension developed by Lotus, they say for precise handling.
Why what's the point it's only a budget priced pick up?
Precise handling, this vehicle will be mainly used by builders, and they really need a Lotus designed suspension to go on building sites. [:D]
Also in their range they have other odd names, the Impian [:D] [:)] and the GEN-2, which are cars.
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Alans should be able to comment on that one. Isn't there a famous Antipodean song? "...where's that jolly jumbuck you've got in your tucker bag. you'll come awaltzing Matilda with me ".