Xantia Alarm - Disconnect

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

julianashcroft

Xantia Alarm - Disconnect

Post by julianashcroft »

The alarm on my 2000 Xantia 1.8 Estate has a habit of going off on its own accord. Quite often in the middle of the night. Is it possible to disconnect the alarm or if not just the siren?
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

on my activa I think it is fuse 17 that is for the alarm check in you handbook find the one marked alarm and pull. My alarm has days of setting days of not setting and some days where it wont set but still b***** well goes off every 20 mins. I am about to disconnect all alarm immobiliser and retrofit a cobra or toad system. after speaking to the chappy who fixed my immobiliser it is apparently a 5 mins job to bypass the alarm immoby anyway.
julianashcroft

Post by julianashcroft »

I looked at the fuse's today and acording to what I can see in the handbook, none of the fuses are for the alarm. The car got me up at 5am this morning. I'm sure my neighbours are beginning to not like me. Any other ideas on how to disconnect the alarm?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The Xantia alarm system has been a trial for many owners.
Do a search on this forum and you will get loads of old postings on the problem.
toldem_oldham
My Cars:

Post by toldem_oldham »

Havin probs with my xantia alarm aswell,i looked for alarm fuse but cant find it but did find fuse 15 body computer and instrument panal which controls the central locking and alarm so i now got no cent locking or alarm but i can now take my shoes off and watch tv and not have to keep goin out to turn the dam thing off [:(!] i presume its the body computer thats at fault can these things be repaired or is it a fresh computer and no doubt plenty of £££££££ to change it? oh i think body computers only apply to jan 1998 onwards models but as a novice xantia owner i might b wrong.
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

I have experienced similar Xantia alarm probs, in fact it now won't allow me to set the alarm with the remote so i have resorted to locking the car with just the key!
ITMA
My Cars:

Post by ITMA »

Do you not have an under bonnet switch to switch off the siren?
On my early Xantia TD there is a keyswitch located "below the air inlet grill" on the passenger side which allows me to turn off the siren (alarm). My handbook says that the other detection functions will still operate! Not sure what they are as without the siren sounding I would not know that my radio was legging it down the road until I went out to go to work in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!
It is on page 89 of the owner's handbook (if you have one and it is the same edition as mine) otherwise the Haynes manual has a picture on page 13.17 in the boy electrical system section.
Hope this is of some help to someone as later models may well be different.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

so, you could like me just lock the car up with the key and not set the allarm? so long as you know the car is safe its not a problem (the v6 is like this because the alarm kept going off, if some one can steel it off my parents drive there welcome to it :) (its in the middle of other cars and the only side ware it has a possibility to go has a 3 foot drop!
Andy
Andy
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

I resorted to un-plugging the alarm module. Remove the 4 bolts holding down the front passenger seat - the module is under the carpet near the sill. There were two connectors on mine. The central locking then still works, and the deadlock. The only difference is the headlights don't flash when locking and un-locking.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

My '98 Xantia's alarm is also unreliable. Left on, it makes a false alarm a couple of times a week, usually at night. Now, I just set it with the plip for short term parking, but lock and dead-lock with the key at night.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The usual problem with Xantia alarms is the movement sensors which seem to last 5 years. Cost about £25.
RHough
My Cars:

Post by RHough »

My 2001 HDi SX estate has just started sounding the alarm five minutes after being armed using the plip. I'm just locking it manually with the key as this doesn't arm the alarm.
Interestingly the light on the switch to disengage the interior motion sensors doesn't illuminate when pressed so maybe that's faulty.
I don't really care because nobody has ever tried to nick any of my nine Citroens in 12 years of driving them.
rbruce1314
My Cars:

Post by rbruce1314 »

I once had this problem (random alarm soundings). To cut the tale short it turned out to be a moth[:p] which slept hidden during the day and started flying around at night setting off the interior intruder sensor. Having found the creature it was one dead moth[:0] and no more problems[:D][:D][:D]
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

Mine is just wierd if I pull the fuse and put it back the alarm works fine for a week then stops working then if you pull the fuse and put it straight back the alarm works for 7 days again last time I did this though my radio packed up? good aold fashioned xantia gremlins eh