Survey Please Xantia accelerator pedal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jono

Survey Please Xantia accelerator pedal

Post by jono »

Xantia Hdi Estate 1999my The accelerator pedal on my Xan seems high when compaired to the brake pedal, so when I get the seat in position for the accelerator, knee not to bent etc, the brake pedal is really to far away as I have to stretch to apply it with any force. The same goes for the clutch pedal. I was wondering whether other Xans were the same as mine or is the acc pedal lower than the brake pedal. If I set the seat in position for the brake/clutch then its agony to drive any distance as my leg is bent too much with no seat support under it. The question is, on other Xans what position is the acc pedal
a/ above the brake pedal height,
b/ inline with it
c/ below it?
At least from the results I can gauge what the pedal height norm is and maybe get it reset before having to reform the nice 6mm dia pedal arm.
Thanks for your help[:D][:D]
regards
Jono [8D]
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

The brake pedal is low in a Xantia, thats perfectly normal, I think its about the same height as the accelarator, with the clutch being much higher.
c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

Post by c.morewood »

I agree Jono, I've got a '99 Hdi estate and being 6'4 and regularly driving the length of the country I soon became fed up with the accelerator pedals height. The solution is simple. I removed the pedal unhitched the cable, laid the pedal on a flat surface and gave it a couple of clouts with a lump hammer!! Now its much more comfortable and still has more than enough travel. As for its height in relation to the other pedals .. its slightly below the brake pedal.
Regards
Chris