Mk1 BX needs saving

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

FDV
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Mk1 BX needs saving

Post by FDV »

Just noticed this on the ebay. She needs rescuing, she's a rare breed now!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 79302&rd=1
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Been watching this one for a few weeks, as it's the second time of listing. I wish I had the space and cash as Mk1's must be getting rare now[V]
Jon

Post by Jon »

I'll make the very brave suggestion that if anyone wants to pay the £90 asked for it I'd be prepared to go a 1/3 and store it in my garage! If we can drive it from Camberley OK.
Oh and is anyone bidding on "The ultimate BX"? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 28622&rd=1 I see that the famed Wally Minter has already bid!
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

annoyingly I have the space, and the facilities to repair this BX, and I've always fancied a citroen with hydraulic suspension.... (although I really want a CX DTR2 estate) but if I take on another project I think my landlord is going to kill me. I think he already despairs!
Surely the "ultimate" BX can't be that great. No aircon?
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Normally you have to take aircon out of another BX if you really want it as it was always an optional extra (though a very effective one), and non-aircon BXs don't have the air recirculation heater/ventilation assembly, including an extra fan. This isn't really for the fainthearted, though - see the posts on this subject in the French aircon section.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

If anybody is going for this one, I'd say to follow the advice above regarding retro fitting the air/con.
My advice would be to keep it as a daily driver (remember your Summer's coming) as long as you can and then look at retro fitting the air/con when it reaches the end of its tether.
FWIW, air/con in a BX is possibly the best money can buy. If you think a Xantia is good, then you haven't spent a summer in the tropics in a BX. If the system hasn't been converted from R-12 to 134a, best leave it if it's working and do a proper conversion when the retro job comes up; will work out cheaper and less trouble killing two birds with the one stone.
Alan S