I hate my AX

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Here is some additional information, and this is about the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang musical. [:D]
http://entertainmentdesignmag.com/mag/s ... cars_star/
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I think the RAC's manufacture date means either "don't know" or the people who built the car put that date down on the registration application. It's shown as a one owner car with the last owner change in 1967 which makes sense.
It really does stand up pretty well to close inspection, usually with fake vintage cars you can spot stuff like Viva indicator stalks etc but there was none of that stuff on CCBB.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Regarding the Freight Rover [:D] AKA Sherpley Speed 4. [:)]
Thanks to Marty Hopkirk for posting the picture of the engine bay. (hanger/warehouse)
I must admit I posted the details of the car on the forum in a rush, and did not check out all the other pictures of the car before posting.
So, looking at that picture of the engine bay I burst out laughing, [:D] LOL, as I suppose the rest of you did. [:D]
The car has an Irish registration GUI 8178, but a better registration that would be more fitting for the car would be LIS 8178. The LIS refering to the engine and the way it looks in the car/van (L)ost (I)n (S)pace. [:D] [:D]
Currently the car has a bid of £8000.00 on it from some [:o)] who thinks it's worth that much.
The thing is this is their second bid, the first one was cancelled, because they entered a bid of £820,000.00 [:D] LOL [:D] [:D] [:D][:D] [:D] [:D]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Marty, the ex jon BX would suit you fine. He's swapping it out for a better one!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Emails bouncing back at the moment so cant raise Jon to find out all the gory details. Still I rather like the colour myself.
Away from the interweb for a week - if Jon wants to contact me re the Plum BX then he can find my phone number on the profile page.
Whats he getting instead?
Oh yes to add insult to injury - the AX fried its battery today. Just went open circuit and died with nil volts regestering (Not the AX's fault I suppose, but got to blame someone) Only put the battery in on Boxing Day. Back to Makro it went, and on with a Varta instead.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I think it needs pushing in Fleetwood dock Marty!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Bamber</i>

I think it needs pushing in Fleetwood dock Marty!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
In Silverdale from tomorrow ( a whole week of the Xantia and no wife! Fantastic) but will be back in Fleetwood a week Thursday, very tempting thought that.
Already stopped locking it. No body else is daft enough to have it.
FDV
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by FDV »

My AX is a dreadful car, I love it!