Best Citroën seats

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

the electric leather seats are identical in desigen both seats are just mirrored (even the mout for the armrest is on the other seat) i will check the normal seats and take pics soon
Andy
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dillosk8ter</i>

Nah, just the back rake adjuster...doesn't seem to move forward enough in angle or on runners so always quite a distance from the wheel. There again, I always notice more if I've been using the ZX for a while....so perhaps Im moaning about nothing!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I sthe seat mounted directly to the floor or on a couple of bars?
I had one BX which had some bars fitted under the seat which moved the seat back by a few inches. It was fine for me but the girl I was living with at the time couldn't reach the pedals. I found the bars could be simply removed and the seat bolted directly to the floor. Then the seat would move right up until it hit the centre console.
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

No its on runners....its just the backrest angle isn't perfect for me, it only tilts a small distance forward. Then again maybe I sit too upright and close to the wheel in the ZX, or maybe I've got freakishly short arms!!!!!!!!!!!!
PeterMann
My Cars:

Post by PeterMann »

I agree with Shane, that the best seats ever in a Citroen were in the (late model) Ds. However, I doubt that these would fit into a C5. Although these seats did not have conspicuous lateral support, this was not a problem once you allowed the torso to tilt in the seat during cornering manouvers ; I used to use the amount of sideways tilt of my body to be an indicator of how much cornering force was being applied. These days, the cues about how much grip you have in reserve are much subtler.
I drove a C3 in Ireland, and the seats in that were exceptionall good for a modern car.
FDV
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by FDV »

Another vote for the leather Activa seats! Closely run by the BX 16v velour seats. ZX 16v has reasonable comfort too.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I have a Volcane Velour interior in my ZX (The dark colour set with red sort of splash marks across it) and the seats are superb. [^] It has lateral support, lumber support, height ajuster etc.. I can drive all day long with no ill effects whatsoever.. But the original seats were very comfortable, as are the original seats in the Aura.. I realy cant fault any of them.. [^]
As the various ZX's are still fairly common and the older ones are also pretty cheap, I think they are prob the best swop around..
pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Post by pete_wood_uk »

May as well join in. Despite all the nice things that have been said about them here, personally I find the electric/leather seats in the Exclusive Xantia not to be ideal. The heating's nice, but (a) I can't quite seem to get the lumbar support right; (b) they move so damn slowly; (c) you have to turn all the ignition on to move them; and (d) there's no memory function. So when sharing the car with my wife who's 10 inches shorter than me, it is a real pain. Not only has she messed about with all my settings which I can never quite recapture, but if she doesn't remember to wind the seat slowly and tediously back before she stops the engine, then I have to stand outside the car, reach in to switch the ignition on, then push the seat-back button to wind the seat back (all the time with the rain coming in) before I can get in the car. Not fun, I'll tell you. Give me a decent manual seat any day - just lift the lever and push, how much easier to adjust could it possibly be?
The best Citroen seats that we ever sat in, actually the best car seats I ever sat in bar none, were those on our late-model CX GTi. These are the Turbo ones with the chevrons on. Who needs adjustable lumbar support if you get it so right in the first place?
Cheers
Pete