Digital clock - light gone out

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Panjandrum
My Cars:

Digital clock - light gone out

Post by Panjandrum »

I know there is lots of stuff about changing bulbs on the forum - just been searching and it's grand on most of them.
But I can't see anything about replacing the bulb on the digital clock on my Activa - in the middle of the dash above the radio.
I suppose this might be because it is SO trivial a job, in which case, sorry for bothering you and have a chuckle on me.
But my light went out last night when I gave the dash a thump to get the little fan to go quiet, and I haven't had a chance yet to see if getting at the back would be easy (ever the optimist).
Advice anyone?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Assume this a Mk 1 car - eg the clock and temperature sensor are separate and not part of facia? If so remove the radio, then the radio mounting, reach up the back and you should be able to pop the clock out, then you will have access to change the bulb. If you have 8 fingers, each a foot long, with 5 joints, and only pencil thick, you may be able to remove the bulb holder with the clock in place... On a MK11 car you would need to have the aforementioned fingers, as removing the clock requires removing the steering wheel by the looks of it.
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

Thanks RichardW. It is a MkI sure nuff. Clock and temp sensor are beside one another, but don't look connected.
I, on the other hand am beside myself, but still don't look connected.
I checked the HBOL when I came home tonight - just for the laugh you know.
True to form, it seems to describe two different clocks in two different places, at least one of which requires the entire interior of the car to be dismantled in order to replace the bulb.
As for the multi-jointed limbs - I must teach my 4-year-old granddaughter to remove bulbs. Fingers are too short, but the arms are very thin and bendy.