Whats Mr B been up to today.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Thought the HG was wrong but appears 4 notches means 2 notches and 5 notches means 3 notches. Confused, you will be[:0]
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yep, 2 notches is now 4, 3 is now 5. Thicknesses are something like 1.45 and 1.54 off the top of my Bordeaux addled brain.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Good man for putting the cambelt tensioners on the shopping list, Dave. That will be one pampered (i.e. properly serviced) engine by the time you've done with it.
Saw a credible-looking 63,000-miler TGD Turbo in a scrapyard yesterday. Expensively-looked-after (e.g. newish-looking-Citroen spheres) but fallen to the dreaded coolant system gum-up and a lock vandal from what I could see, before acquiring a ZX as a roofrack. Shame.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Right then, update time.
Here's the block with the new head gasket in place. Note the old torx bolt with the head cut off to aid re-fitting the cylinder head. I didn't want the gasket to move out of place as the block only has one dowel.
Bit tight to drop on because of the injector and spill pipes, breather pipe, cold start cable and the head with manifold is heavy! I wouldn't fancy doing a turbo head with the engine in the car.
Here it is sat down on the block, with the bolts in place ready for tightening. The cable tie on the end of the cam is to stop the woodruff key growing legs......
Head torqued down and cam sprocket back on, along with the new tensioner and idler. Engine re-timed, ready for the new water pump and timing belt.
New water pump and timing belt fitted, tensioned and re-tensioned. Everything lines up again and all turning over very nice. Phew!
Belt covers, bottom pulley altenator belt, and cam cover re-connected. All ready for the box to go back on and re-fitting back in the car over the weekend[:D]
All the above is around 3 hours time, that's about 10 hours so far.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Dave,
Can it just be said, that you are a true Ambassador to the BX faith. I salute you, Sir! [:)]
You have so inspired me that, as I'm now finished my work for the day, I shall be putting my "baby" into the garage and up on axle stands for an intensive evenings work!
I shall report back later!
I WILL fix these water leaks! I Will![^]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Why thank you kind sir[:I]
You inspired this mad quest, it's all your fault[}:)][;)]
xantiaBFY
My Cars:

Post by xantiaBFY »

Dave,
Like Jon said, I will also be looking into my XTD engine bay to do the little bit and pices once and for all. Thanks for the inspiration.
regards
G4EIY
My Cars:

Post by G4EIY »

Dave,
Don't forget to inspect all the core plugs with the aid of a magnifying glass for any brown stains or tiny perforations.
Pain in the butt to do insitu.
Best of luck.
Cheers