Dilemma - ZX or Motorbike.....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I must admit, it's a nice looking bike, and on your doorstep too.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Well, what can I say - the Bike went for more than I was prepared to spend on it - haveing finally convinced the seller to let me see it it needed a lot more work doing than the ever optimistic item description. Had it gone for sub £300 I may well have got it, but it didnt and the prospect of stripping barrels down, repainting the bike and frame, stripping the carbs and freeing the back brake put me off. Lumpy at tickover wasnt the half of it!
So decided to drown my sorrows by throwing some (more) money at the AX again and getting my clunking driveshafts sorted out.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Maybe next time, I am still looking and although bikes were my first love, old bones and plain convenience, my old Beemer used to get 40 mpg, I get that from the BX, without the £60 back tyre every few thou. plus there are more dipsh*ts than you can count on the roads these days.
Stewart
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Me too Stewart. I miss having a propper bike ( the Plack 90 is just a means to an end and a way of getting into town without having to bother about parking). But sadly money is always against me.

Decided against the ZX once I had had a propper look at it as it was merely metalic painted scrap. Mind you still tempted to get another ZX, the AX just isnt warming my cockles the same.
Quite interested in Tom's ideas about doing a "raid" in any old Cit, and wonder if my AX is up to a trip to St. Petersburg?