Up the Suwannee

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thorter
My Cars:

Post by thorter »

This is probably due to a split in the inlet pipe to the high pressure pump. It is drawing air, and from time to time enough to break the supply of LHM.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Do you think a sphere could have split and filled the system with gas? Suspension seems ok in the normal position but what would be the effect of the rear anti sink emptying its nitrogen? I'm just thinking of the strange behavior of the rear.
I'll check for a leak in the supply pipe too.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Well yes could be either of those, got air in the system from a failed spehere on a CX once and also had a split pump supply pipe on a Xantia too.
Did exibit quite the same symptoms you have though, mind you citroens like to vary their symptoms to stop us finding the fault quite as quickly as we would like :-)
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

If you wish to try another LHM supply pipe/pump/reservoir connection etc I still have them from my donor. I'm off work this week so if you wish pop over and try various parts then let me know.
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Mmmm, Lessons to be learned. Don't have a Citroen as your only car!
Cheers Richard, don't know that I'll get time this week, but if I happen to find myself over your way I'll certainly pop in. I'll get that MAP sensor back to you sometime soon as well. Sounds like you might have another buyer!
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Xantia still seems to be behaving itself after its weekend wierdness. Looked for leaks and hose splits but nothing obvious.
If the rear anti sink sphere has dumped its contents into the fluid how would I tell if it's now flat?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

3rd rear sphere is there to compensate for a lack of pressure when the anti sink valve opens - so rear of car may drop and brakes may be affected after starting. probably only happen after car has been standing a while.
jeremy
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

I'm sure I read some time ago on the forum that a split sphere requires you to suddenly add half a litre of LHM. This is caused by the gas venting itself and the sphere filling with fluid. Have you noticed a sudden, unexplained, drop in level?
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Level seems to be ok but it was a bit overfilled anyway so may not have been noticeable. Very good point though. Think I might just replace the anti sink anyway as it's the only one that's never been done.
Car still behaving suspension and brake wise.