BX engine removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hmmm...
Look for any air leaks around the manifold. Try all rubber hoses running to the bottom of the carburettor. If they are cracked it will cause false air.
Especially the small one running to the ignition distributor. You may use standard fuel hoses suitable size for repair.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

[quote]<i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

Dave, if you need another pair of hands just shout as Im fairly local to you. (just wont be around on 5th March).
You can Image
Cheers Mate[:D] I'll let you know!
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vlaicu</i>

hello,i.m from romania and i have a bx 14 citroen . i want to now if somebody can help me with some advices about my car.i have a carbourateur problem. the car is running only when the shock is on. if i dont pull the shok all the car begin to trembele and the engine die.wih the shock i can go with the car but it take a lot of gas. please give me some advices.
ps.excuse my english
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Anders,
Could this be a case of the centrifugal weights in the base of the ditributor jammed or come adrift and possibly the cars ignition being so far out it's causing the rough and gutless running and when he turns it off then getting "running on" due to pre-ignition?
Alan S
(Sorry about the hi-jack)
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I see your point Alan -
But if the centrifugal weights would stick in wide open position, there would be huge start problems and lots of engine pinking on light load. Because the ignition would be too far advanced.
If the weights stick in home position, the car would be a bit gutless at speed, but not much noticeable on a BX14 anyway.
The symptom points to either a false air problem or a dirty carburettor because the engine wants to stall on idle.