BX engine removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think this is what you have in mind Alan
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.as ... 2050&g=107
jeremy
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Yep, you're both correct; greatest thing ever invented when it comes to using an engine crane. Pity they all didn't come with one as an extra.
Alan S
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">DLM - It's the red one, a TXD via EBay. The other isn't black, it's dark green TZD bought as a donor for the TXD. Shame it's a breaker as the body and trim is sound but its mechanicaly ****ged!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Mechanically ***ged it may be but I bet you can find plenty to pilfer from it!

I've got a decent 1900 engine (160k) with Lucas injection in a red TGD which rode nicely, but didn't have such a great shell. Thouch clutch and Rad are on the way out it could make a nice donor lump if you or anyone else is interested in the long term. Sounds like you're going to be rather busy for a while, though!
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Here you go MrB, "His 'n Hers" BXs..........Awww shucks; how romantic.[:I][:I]
Which one do you want? The red one (Goes faster) or
The Green one (the one with the fancy decorations on the spoiler)[;)]
You might start a trnd[8D][8D]
Alan S[}:)][:o)]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Can you imagine her reaction when I mentioned the 4x4 BX going for free earlier this week?[:0][B)]
It's a good job I don't have a large lump of land as it would very quickly fill with the darn things!
This is all Jon's fault, makes a big song and dance about his TZD, and we all dash out and do the same. The madness continues[:o)]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

DLM.
Yes loads! One touch drivers window, rear inside C piller covers with mini speakers, non butchered clock coin tray, rear electric windows, 195/60/14 tyres (2) twin rad cooling fans, bumper spoiler and fog light holders, tow bar, sun-roof deflector, the list goes on. Well worth £50.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Dave,
With the twin fans, has this car got (had) air/con?
Alan S
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

No Alan, never had air/con, it's a turbo diesel which all seem to be fitted with twins. One is seazed but I can use the motor from the red one to make a pair. Strange thing is, the 205 with a 17D engine has 2 fans whereas the red BX 19D has a single.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Before you get too hasty tossing other fans in, check this out;
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=10752
That refers to a Xantia but I'm positive that the BX ones are ten times simpler. As a bonus, with new bearings etc, run at about twice the speed they seemed to before and are as quiet as a Churchmouse.
Alan S
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I did think about this post when I found the seized motor. I've not had chance to look at the motor yet, but I've got some tinkering time this weekend so I will be having a look.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

mine were siezed, good squirt, a few spins by hand they work (replaced fuse too) they work fine now.
Stewart
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Dave, if you need another pair of hands just shout as Im fairly local to you. (just wont be around on 5th March).
You can Image
phone me on 07044 74 77 74 and if im not avail - just leave a message on the voicemail and I will get back.
Marty.
Local Spares Store... For Local People...
vlaicu
My Cars:

Post by vlaicu »

hello,i.m from romania and i have a bx 14 citroen . i want to now if somebody can help me with some advices about my car.i have a carbourateur problem. the car is running only when the shock is on. if i dont pull the shok all the car begin to trembele and the engine die.wih the shock i can go with the car but it take a lot of gas. please give me some advices.
ps.excuse my english
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Vlaicu -
I believe it is the idle cut-off electrovalve that does not activate when engine is running.
It is the only thing on the carburettor that has an electric wire.
Have the ignition on - do not start engine. Then remove the spade connector on this electrovalve. By touching the connector to the terminal, you should hear the valve clicking. Also some sparking should occur on the connector.
If it does not work, then try if you have +12V on the spade connector.
vlaicu
My Cars:

Post by vlaicu »

thanks, i already try that and the electrovalve is OK.can you give me some other causes that can make this efect?I have another friend who have also a BX14 with the same problem.thank's for your quik answer and i wish you a good week-end because mine is **** withaut car(I wanted to go fishing).
PS1:it coud be posible that the electovave is damage but to click and to have sparks
PS2:do you know other members of the forum how have BX14