I'm bored.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

You'll never learn Matt! Itinerary was Southampton to Amsterdam on day 1 (Where BX19 V12 snapped), day 2 Amsterdam to Brittany (A slow journey, hence 47.5 MPG.) Sunday, Retromobile.
Lots of cars. Peripherique a doddle, A few interesting cars at the show, sectioned DSs and enough Chaprons to suggest that at £80k they may be just a little overvalued. Saw fewer CXs in the whole trip actually. The CX club de France showed a Turbo2. Tidy but no oil painting and there was a drophead CX but it was all pimped up in pearlitic paint and didn't do it for me.
Lots of electric Bugatti pedal cars, a couple were tatty enough to be genuine but the rest were probably fakes. These babies change hands for about £15K a go in case you are wondering!
Few Panhards, Very few Simcas Renault brought their 16 prototypes, but you've all seen the pictures, Peugeot turned up with the 403 prototype which was nice. Yes, Tom but where are the DB, Ligier,Matra, CD, Alpine?
Yeah, I wondered too. A Bloody great Tatra, the current fad amongst the ultra chic. (Whereas those of us who know better laugh up our sleeves. What will happen when they find out that they are a wee bit skittish?)
There was quite a good Auto Retro book on the first 50 years of the DS. It is in French and I bought two copies, so one will end up as a quiz prize on the BX club site before long. Back from Paris, At home in Normandy for a few days before returning . Hotelled last night and set off early for Boulogne. Then we had some real snow. Gendarmerie closed the Autoroute but not before I'd had some fun! The CX, once it gets loose is a handful but I avoided all elements of scenery
and thought it was one of the few times when the 66/34 weight distribution worked in my favour.
Back to England. I have a car standing outside. It needs a good wash.