Xantia front discs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

p20

Xantia front discs

Post by p20 »

Is there much difference between, the standard brembo discs and the brembo max ones(other than the price)? Also do they need different pads to get the most out of them or are the normal pads fine? Is there much difference wear wise?
My low pad light is flashing now and then, but its too bloody cold to investigate at the minute![:o)]
ghostrider
My Cars:

Xantia front discs

Post by ghostrider »

Hi P20, not sure what the difference would be try looking at http://www.brembo.com/CatalogoBrembo/Te ... odifyGuest
which should be the page for Cit xantias. The brembo max could be one of their high performance setups, which could be crossdrilled for extra cooling, and may also use higher spec pads, eg sintered iron, or even ceramic although this would be a bit exotic for a xantia, the only thing I do notice is the discs are different thicknesses for the 90 and 110bhp versions so yours should be fitted with the thicker ones at 28mm (unworn).
The only problem with hydraulic Cits is the immense power you can apply to the brakes, if you are constantly doing heavy braking from high speeds fade becomes a big problem, I used to reckon three heavy stops from a ton plus in my CX with 4 pot callipers would reduce the braking almost to zero and without some major resizing would be difficult to cure, higher spec pads would help, as would cross drilling but size is basically everything. I once worked on a private Sierra Cossy rally car that had someting like 14 or 15" ventilated, crossdrilled discs, 6 pot callipers etc but the driver still reckoned that they faded with heavy use
Pete
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.