activa turbo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by philhoward</i>

One of the best places to tap into is the feed to the fuel pressure regulator. A boost gauge will normally come with a t-piece which will fit into this pipe. Other end to boost gauge.
By the red arrow... http://homepage.ntlworld.com/phillip.ho ... engine.JPG
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
cheers for that (helps to see when not yet mechanically minded what the dickens I am looking for) but what is the thing that I have outlined and arrowed I have a blanked off cap there?
http://www.upimages.com/uploads/52f9c7cd5d.jpg
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

That's a dump valve (not standard); only needed if you go higher in boost terms. Not sure if the Activa engine has a recirculating dump valve as standard anyway (probably wont need it as its low boost anyway).
It was the first pic I found of an Activa engine on Google! Sods law it isn't a standard one...
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

always the way I thought thats what it might be but I am normally wrong this has also brought to light that one of my belt covers is missing. Anyway any idea where I can get the figures for the boost i should be expecting when I get round to fitting the guage.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PowerLee</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Homer</i>

I imagine if the turbo wasn't working it would perform like a N/A 8valve. Which has no go at all below 4000 rpm.
I have a N/A 2 litre 8 valve 405 & that pulls fine from 2500 RPM, It has plenty of go.
You havn't tried the Turbo version then. I've had both and I thought the N/A was reasonably flexible, but would have been better suited to a BX until I tried the TurboCT.
Don't forget the Xantia is a bit of a porker, and the Activa is about the heaviest Xantia (heavier than the same engined estate even). So it's probably not so bad in a 405.