XM ABS/ECU

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

William

XM ABS/ECU

Post by William »

My XM has just had a new n/s ABS sensor fitted in order to get it through its MOT. The warning light was on constantly and the diagnostic showed which wheel was at fault. Unfortunately the light is still comimg on after a few miles and although this may be sufficient to get it through its MOT it might also mean that I have spent £120 on a sensor when the fault may be elsewhere. The first time the light came on was a couple of years ago after a three hours driving in 45C outside teperature. Since then it started to come on more frequently (at much lower English temps)until it was constant.
Any ideas ?
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Check the resistance of each sensor from the connector on the ABS ECU (in the black plastic box mounted on the RH inner wing under bonnet - it's the ECU with the long connector on it). Do this once the warning light has lit up. The resistance should be between 1000 - 1500 ohms per sensor. If not, it's probably the wiring/connectors which is notorious for creating problems. If the resitance is OK, then check that the sensors are all the right distance from the toothed induction wheels and that they (toothed wheels) are clean and free from deposits.
//NiSk