Head lights is it me?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

"Why would he want to use fog lights in clear conditions anyway?"
For safety -- the fogs on the ZX give far better illumination of both the left-side verge and the road surface ahead than the dip beams do, and unlike these new eye-burner headlamps it is done without dazzling anyone.
Based on what I've ever seen, any fogs that dazzle must be badly misaligned.
Still, if you would rather your cat or whatever got squelched at night on a country road or like playing splat the bunny then that's your choice -- but personally I'd much prefer to spot and avoid small furry animals scurrying around. And a need for fog-assists is even more pertinent now, if temporarily blinded by the trampolining searchlights! Trust the government to think so differently (and how very typical of their stazi-statist mentality).
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

So what explanation is there for the half-wits that drive around with headlights or even fogs (V*l*os excepted) on a bright sunny day?
A bit like having to shout to hear yourself above the music, then turning the music up so it can be heard above the conversation and .... you get the idea.
Wonder when all the chavs will start to switch their wipers on when it has not rained for a week?
Time will tell.[}:)]
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

im sure in the old days (revealing my age now) that fog lights were wired in so that if they were turned on you didnt have use of high beam at the same time......anyone else remember that (or am i just being sad)
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

No your right weety. My old A reg'd Feugo had yellow front fogs and remember re wiring them so I could use them with out the dipped beam as they only came on with the rear fog lights and dipped beam.