Insurance

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

leonard1
My Cars:

Post by leonard1 »

For my AX I used confused.com and that led me to fantastic price from Bell Direct (part of Admiral).
Quinns seem to marketing themselves for younger drivers (http://www.quinn-direct.com/)
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

ok I'll get the numbers for all & ring them, can't do any harm.
I'll probably end up fitting the 1.6 out of another ZX, so its not excally a huge power increase but I thats the point! lol
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Had to renew my insurance in jan . Went with elephant.co.uk saved £240 .
More than , do as the advert says , More than any other insurance company.
I switch between elephant and direct line , last year I was with directline year before with elephant. Try Endsliegh as I seem to remember they do good qoutes on younger drivers.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Went through all the rigmarole of "shopping round" this January to renew my insurance - and still had to stick with my existing insurer (direct liars) which I didnt want to do as I successfully sued them last year for failing to pay out on a (non fault) claim within a reasonable time ( 6 months was taking the p155) - they paid out twice and each time stopped the cheque....
I suppose my unlucky track record of 10 claims in 5 years (only 2 my fault- though they were both write offs!) put paid to ever getting a reasonable quote - for some reason claiming against my own company and getting them to do the legwork I so foolishly thought I paid them to do with my comprehensive insurance - even when the third party coughs up in full - still counts as a claim against my policy with everybody else.
£660 fully comp for a Xantia 2.0 HDi (dont tell 'em about the chip) with buisness insurance. My NCB is currently standing at 3 years and I live in a low crime area and i'm 37, the car is alarmed, has a secondary immobiliser and whilst not garaged is covered by CCTV when parked at home.
Last year it was £300 for the Laguna.
Life just isnt fair.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Definately worth putting a female on the policy; even wifeys insurance gets cheaper when she puts me on it (especially with these "Women only" insurers -work that one out!).
Modified insurance is a very hit and miss affair; I've heard good and bad about Adrian Flux, but most of the mainline internet insurers wont touch it. Might be worth half an hour going into an insurance shop (yes - speak to a real person..in person), as they can usually help. THEN get the best quote, find the ones on the net who would quote, and bargain.
When you find a couple who will quote, start the "drop your quote" game. Last year I was with NU for the Xantia. Renewal came in at £500-sh (31, full NCB..). Online insurers mostly came in at 320-350, so I gave them a call. Got it for £292 AND a £50 loyalty bonus!
Do the Net thing, do the phone thing, then get haggling. It works!
crapday
My Cars:

Post by crapday »

philhoward
said "Definitely worth putting a female on the policy; even wifeys insurance gets cheaper when she puts me on it (especially with these "Women only" insurers -work that one out!)."
I put my wife on mine and she can't drive (no license) but my insurance was a lot cheaper just having her name on it.
samcro

Post by samcro »

Hahah. I like it, crapday!
gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

that sounds like crazyness
i'm only paying 900 notes with tesco third party for me ax 1 litre and thats with staff discount
can anyone beat me?
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I assume your young then gardenpeas?
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

garden peas Hows this for a qoute Citroen xsara 2.0 hdi estate 90bhp . Broker direct wanted £2,850 for fully comp business and pleasure . I dont think insurance company enjoyed my 5 previous claims in my toyota carina 2 windcsreens in 6 months , 2 very small knocks my fault , and 1 massive write off not my fault(1 small knock and write in same week ) . Swapped firms got it down to £750 , all because you work for tescos doesnt mean tescos is chepests , Tesco wanted £800 with 2 years no claims , went to elephant and brought for £400 . Swap your insurance.
gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

yep young 20 with a claim not a good combo, tesco was the best the worse i found was 1460 third party plus tesco staff get intrest free payments so can't complain at that, the car only cost me 580 changing from a AX dimension too a spree saved 30 quid weird only difference is this ones lighter green
don't know what they will say when i tell them i want a vtr :(
leonard1
My Cars:

Post by leonard1 »

£900 for an AX is a joke.
My AX is with Bell Direct (fully comp) at £200. Yes I'm 32, 4 NCB but 1 biggie accident (joint fault) that I had £6250 paid out on 3 years ago.
Limit your mileage to under 5,000 too as that helps.
Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Post by Wookey »

Just another vote to say Adrian flux are worth checking if you have a modified vehicle. Those of us with self-build camper vans use them, Shield direct and NFU (farmers mutual), all of whom accept great lists of modifications. Insuring a van (for non-commerical use) is much more tedious than a car. 95% of all those companies telling me they'll do 'cheaper insurance' in fact won't insure anything that isn't a conventional car at all. They are quite happy with all those monster trucks people use to do the school run in, but not an underpowered MPV that looks like a van. Bit tedious that.
I wonder what they'll say when I tell them I've put a turbo in it...which of course is just changing it from a 1.9D to 1.9TD - not very exciting.
I've got 10 years NCD - the missus has 8. We buy insurance in alternate years as otherwise your 10-year NCD (worth quite a lot of money) expires. (we only have one car). TPFT is about 200 quid for me these days. If anyone knows of good van insurers I'd be interested to hear.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Haven't had good experiances with NFU, a women drove into my bro's beemer, took months to payout she was with the nfu.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

£450 TPFT for a group 16 Supra, 5 years NCD protected with Admiral. Did a quote with Tesco before and it was more, probably as ive been with same company for 5 years