Xantia R/Suspension spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

Bernie,
well, rear spheres with 1.1 mm orifice are obviously non hydractive.
About fronts, 0.6 or 0.65 mm doesn't make big difference, because tiny central orifice is of very little importance on hydractive spheres. Maybe steel discs covering other (bigger) bores around central one are thicker, affecting the ride. Take a look. Or it could be something wrong with hydractive system, but you didn't notice before
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Thanks Alexx for all your help.
I'll check the disc you mention.
I'll see how the car is on the right spheres[:)]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Errr sorry Jon, but this sounds just like my xant, I bought my spheres 06/12/03 from you branch (fort) and when at a standstill front and back has plenty of movement, but when travelling its always seemed to crash at the front,feels just like the spheres need time to catch up with potholes etc certainly not as nice as workmates N reg TD.
Changed droplinks etc but it still been the same just imagined it was one of those things.
Front N45332
Rear N45366
I can live with it and I will just sort it next time its time to change the spheres but would like part numbers for next time.
I am pretty sure the numbers matched up to the spheres when I checked. 97 1.9 TD non hydractive
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

The RP number is 7498
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Just reading this - and wonder if any one can shed any light on my Xant's lack of anti sink.
2000 HDi - had all 6 recon spheres by Westroen fitted - supposed to be HDi ones again. (LX - cheapo 6 sphere model!!)
Anyway all was well for a few weeks, but now switsch off and car sinks like a BX at rear. Drops further if load applied to boot / rear or if left overnight. Only comensates for load when engine off if recently switched off (i.e. leave it an hour and it sinks and stays sunk, leave it 5 minutes and even with engine off it will rise to compensate for any load added).
Wondered if this was a problem with the incorrect or faulty anti sink sphere, or whether its a valve problem.
Height adjusters and plastic clip appear fine and dandy.