SPEED HUMPS

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

turbolag

Post by turbolag »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACTIVE8</i>

It's like speed cameras you slow for them, and you don't want it to capture you on film, and yet you will find that some drivers will try and, overtake you in the marked off area of the camera. F****** muppets !
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">That's why speed cameras need to be totally covert - if you don't know where they are you're forced to obey they law or face a stiff pistol whipping! Works well in some continetal countries (the covert bit, not the pistol whipping!)
IanR
My Cars:

Post by IanR »

We've recently had a lot of roadworks going on, and something else I notice is that the roadcrews now block the entire road, often for no good reason, instead of just closing one side. That would be all very well if there were an alternative, but almost all of the side-roads have massive ramps. Is this acceptable, in view of the lack of a satisfactory detour which all vehicles can be expected to negotiate? I say no.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

*cough*EU directives*cough*