XM rear suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

Anti sink valves are open as long as pressure in accumulator sphere is higher than pressure in suspension. During fuelling, rear end will sink, rear height corrector will open and rear supension will be refilled with LHM from accumulator sphere.
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Here's the final update. Went to Pleaides today. I was wrong on both counts, it wasn't the brake valve and it wasn't downstream from the anti sink valve, it was upstream. What I had (may be useful for future reference) was a massive leak past the ram in the left hand rear suspension arm. Two and a half hours after arriving at Pleaides I was on my way with a new suspension cylinder, two spheres and a return to the normal comfy ride. What is disappointing is that this car should have suffered a failure at relatively low mileage whilst my two previous XMs were trouble free up to when I sold them at 85000 and 133000 miles respectively. As was my ID (poor man's DS and my first Citroen), my GS, GSX, and GSA (what a pity they weren't made of galvanised steel), and my BX.
Cheers, chaps.