Diesel Power !!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

etlcsns

Post by etlcsns »

Use a metal one but make sure the head is skimmed, it faily cheap.
Make sure you fit the gasket dry "NO" gasket sealant, as long as you clean all the stud holes use new bolts and tighten them correctly you should not have ant trouble unless you cook the engine.
Old style paper gaskets are ok but PUG and Cit fitted the new metal laminate type on later XU td's and they are more robust suffering far less failures
Cheers
Chris
AX d 212,000 miles
XM td 295,000 miles
cit-tech
My Cars:

Post by cit-tech »

try turbo dynamics in dorset they no what they are doing www.turbodynamics.co.uk 01202487497
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

Thinking of droping the engine out of the car so to make the engine work easier, thought I'll ask you lot for any advise you can give me?
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Twiss, may be a good idea to upgrade your brakes? I put Volcane aircooled on my fronts, and while you're at it, get the Volcane velour interior and leather steering wheel. [^]
As for all the tuning you are doing, if I wanted a fast car to play with I would buy an old jag personaly, you can get one for peanuts... 5.3cc V12 FI are quite nippy [8)].. heh heh.. [:o)] [:D]
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Just reading through this topic and have noticed several people recommending the NA diesel camshaft. I have look this up on both Citroen PR.net and my Peugeot parts discs, and both the NA and TD cam come up with the same part numbers on both sources, meaning they are the same part, so probably no gain from fitting one??
mrbump
My Cars:

Post by mrbump »

Twiss,
Not the same camshaft. The n/a has longer duration for definite. I'll post up the exact specs again if i can dig them out. I will also measure the two of them (height of inlet valvelobes) in a couple of weeks to find out for sure if there is any more lift. Tis defo different tho.
[:)]
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

All sources show part number 0801 E8 as a diesel XU camshaft, fitting all diesel XU engines, Turbo or NA. This is both a Peugeot and Citroen number.
organic mechanic
My Cars:

Post by organic mechanic »

The high compression ratio on a Diesel (21ish:1) is to assist starting, particularly in severe climates. Ideally, once running th C.R. would be around 16:1 ref Heinz Heizler , Modern Engine Technology, 1998.
Maybe cam timing is biased towards this prerequisite?
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

A higher CR gives better fuel economy. 16:1 is low compared to everything on the market today, 18:1 is fairly typical of the best engines about.