Well, I bought it : )

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Oscar Too
My Cars:

Well, I bought it : )

Post by Oscar Too »

http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=11040
Following the conclusion of multi-level discussions with Significant Other, I'm the proud owner of a BX TZD. Yippee!! The £30 asking price might yet turn out to be the first bargain of the new year, or £30 down the drain.
Once the car is legal and safe, the plan is to offload the ZX, as there is no way I can afford or justify 2 cars. My line of reasoning was that as a car isn't necessary to earn a living, then we might as well have one that inspires a bit of pleasure in ownership. The ZX is a fast, cheap, nippy reliable motor, but dull... oh and the BX is red. It's obvious, innit?
Anyway, so far I've fitted new brake pads, tut-tutting over the vandalism of whoever cut the wear indicator cables, and have doubled the value of the car by filling it with £30 worth of Hydraflush. The power steering is gradually responding to the Hydraflush, so it may not need a new rack after all [:)] I'll let the garage sort out the wheel bearing and the welding, and have a crack at the gaiter myself.
It will need new tyres sooner rather than later, wheel balancing, various other procedures and remedies.
The interior trim is in OK condition, some ding-a-ling has tried to take the heater controls off with a screwdriver, leaving 3 big dinges in the dash. The driver's side window has a mind of its own and there are various lights etc missing. But on the whole it's a great project.
And it's red! Did I already mention that?
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Sounds like a nice project!
Don't be too hasty to blame a previous owner for the brake wear leads, though - the car has a tendency to cut them itself when you're not looking[:D]
I've yet to find a way of routing them which completely avoids the problem, but if you do your own servicing the warning system isn't really necessary anyway.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Good man.
Please come along and register at www.bxclub.co.uk
We're here to help!
Ah, the BX from Bristol on Ebay thats made its way to Kent![;)]
Good luck.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Welcome to the TZD fold, I have never had a BX with intact pad wear wires, they just seem to get into trouble on their own.
Stewart
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Red Tizzydee? Style icon f'sure.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Well, you would say that Tom.... but certainly red IS a good BX colour (once you can find it with the aid of some T-cut). Keep asking the questions....
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

Hi
Thanks for the feedback guys, and I agree it is a style icon. Now where is my black poloneck sweater?
And does anyone have a spare Cit BX manual? Haynes or other? Happy to pay a few quid and P&P.
Oscar