Very very funny.......

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

I own 15 haynes manuals and the early ones are undoubtedly the best. And let's face it, as annoying as they are when they forget to mention the odd nut and bolt, or plainly just describe something wrong, they are worth their weight in gold (ok, fools gold)
I must be really sad because I actually enjoy looking through the manuals, even at jobs I don't need to do........
Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Post by Wookey »

I've done nearly all the jobs possible on a C15 (with the exception of a gearbox rebuild), but I have done the engine rebuild and very useful indeed it was to have it documented by haynes. Do they do one for the later HDi engines I wonder?
As people say they do suffer a bit from being done on brand new vehicles so lots of things are easy when they do it and bloody hard 10 years later, and the electrical info is indeed pretty poor. My biggest problem right now is that there isn't a haynes manual for an expert van, inded I haven't found any source of data for it (just the nut torque settings would help a lot). Quite why peugeot can't put this info on the web I don't know...
Anyone know where I might find some?
I found a really useful set of wiring info here:
http://peugeot.mainspot.net/wiring_diagram.shtmlbut the only 806/expert one is for the HDI :-( What I want to know is where did the original info come from....
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi All,
The "book" could help us more by getting the electrical diagrams written so that we can all understand them. If anyone has seen a Kawasaki genuine workshop manual, then every colour wire on bike IS that colour, and where it is supposed to be. Not starting as say green when going into loom, then coming out other side as red.
Haynes---the automoblile version of the COMEDIANS tele prog.
Regards
Greg
Ps. Have still to get another potentiometer. GSF have no Bosch ones for my car---so Citroen will have to have a visit :-((
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hello Guys,
Another Haynes lash up found.
OPen manual, go to Chapter 12, section 18, illustration 27.9b. Here you see someone trying to remove a plastic lower corner trim with a CROWBAR and a LUMP HAMMER. Very Haynes.
Greg
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

What manual is it in? Its not in my Xantia one.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

not in my Blue BX one either
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Had the misfortune to use a later Xantia one yesterday, still confused about the serpentine belt diagram, it seems that whichever model I happen to be working on the diagram is the wrong one??? Its a bit like the Monty Python Cheeseshop game. I see they are now printed on softer more absorbent paper though.
Stewart
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oilyspanner</i>

I see they are now printed on softer more absorbent paper though.
Stewart
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Makes them more suited to what they are best for, Stewart! [}:)]
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi Guys,
Sorry about that---forgot to state which manual
Manual is Xantia K to N( 1993 to 1995 ) Book number 3082
Regards,
Greg