Just too reliable??? (Yes you read right).

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Funny thing, when 13 my older brother let me have his Strat, never liked it too much. Any how went on to have a nice Epiphone semi for the past 15 years with a Laney and a small but loud Marshall combi amp. Let it all go for £250 three years back as was moving house. Sale of Guitar, hard tear drop gibson case, amps, all the leads, and a row of 6 foot pedles including a Boss digital pitch shifting delay, chorus, flanger, metal unit and what was a new digital tuner. As soon as it was gone I knew I'd done something wrong. Any how the New guitar is an AXL Tele copy [:D][:D]. Been on the web site and had a good look at the 'total gitar mags review. They gave it 4/5 for what it cost. Didn't pay too much came in it at under £200. When I'm back up to speed then it'll be the Rickenbacker 360 for me in a natural finish [8D]
beezer

Post by beezer »

Arias used to be coming in regularly for re-frets when I repaired instruments. Japanese fretwire is pretty soft. I would always go for a Les Paul but Gibson fretwire is pretty soft too. I have an acoustic Gibson - I save all the distortion and wah-wah pedal stuff for the fiddle.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Im a saxaphone man myself - so all this is lost on me!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Gawd, I can imagine the sound a GSF band would make. Talk about band on the run.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Knackered Xantia accumilator could be used as a basic metronome tick tick tick....
beezer

Post by beezer »

Spinal Tap eat yer heart out!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

These go up to eleven.
Stewart
beezer

Post by beezer »

What we do, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

A couple of weeks ago I am leaving a friends house, he says "how's the car?" knowing I've only had it 6 weeks and my last citroen was a bit unreliable. I say the immortal words "no breakdowns yet". 2 minutes later it doesn't start: eventually going but head gasket failure. Didn't want to start due to water in cylinders.
DON'T TEMPT FATE! [;)]
or make sure you are near copious amounts of wood
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

So I pat the black cat, rub the belly of my dashboard mounted bhudda(wooden), cross myself, mutter bonjour cher auto, check the date for the number 13, look at my horoscope and if the stars say go we could be reasonably safe to proceed, have I missed anything?????
Stewart