Synergie 1.9TD excess noise cont'd.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

M015 and M016 could be two cables into the same crimp, thats what it looks like to me, if this diagram matches your vehicle you must find them, look into the large plastic sheathes of the harness incase they have been drawn inside and not reconnected during the clutch upevil.
Also what about points M002 and M023.
I can't see an earth fault causing a lift sensor problem in its self, it would almost certainly have to be caused via a bad connection to the ECU, assuming the lift sensor actually works that is.
Dave
ebod
My Cars:

Post by ebod »

I dunno about M002 but M023 likes like its an earth inside the cabin for the dash/internal fusebox.
I was hoping somebody onlooking with a late model 1.9TD Xantia etc could give their gearbox electrical conns a onceover and tell me what wires earth to the box.
At this moment, my box has one main earth strap bolted to the top of the housing. However it could be possible the mysterious missing cable causing my 140°C cooling & 4.6v power values should be also bolted at the same point. If you look at the wiring loom sketches in the above link, it certainly implies that M015/M016 go to an earth on the top of the box.........
In any case, I'm due to take the kids 1/2 term week off in a few weeks. During this week I'm going to strip out all the air intake and battery/tray assy and rat out this bitch of a prob once and for all.