CX DTR2 turbo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

CX DTR2 turbo

Post by tomsheppard »

Did the later cars have an intercooler and more than the 95 horsepower of the mark ones?
Much as I enjoy driving the CX, the power to wait(!) ratio is inadequate. Sure it'll pull the skin off a rice pudding but the pudding will be cold!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The intercooler was one of the (many) changes on turbo2 models.
In fact the diesel engine itself was modified on many points to ensure durability on the increased torque figure.
I think you can find the differences in the CX manuals you have downloaded.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Lots of differences If i remember rightly.
Intercooler, Different piston crowns+combustion chambers, Higher boost pressure, Different timing + set-up of injection pump. Lets put it this way, a Turbo 2 will do an easy 120mph.
Not to be disparaging of the S1 at all, I like them, have you tried a normally aspirated 2500 D ? Blimey, Sllloooowwwww. But pull a house over. Torque, dont you love it.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Oh and the 2's had porus block problems also :-) Which wasnt very helpful.
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tomsheppard</i>

Did the later cars have an intercooler and more than the 95 horsepower of the mark ones?
Much as I enjoy driving the CX, the power to wait(!) ratio is inadequate. Sure it'll pull the skin off a rice pudding but the pudding will be cold!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, the later cars (Turbo2) did have a different set up with intercooler and different turbo. *However* the Turbo 1 should still be pretty quick; to what are you comparing it? Might your wastegate be jammed open (far easier to access than on XUD!) Other no 1 suspect is a split vaccum pipe between pump and inlet manifold.
Turbo1 is the better engine, because you don't have to worry about things going porous (with the possible exception of the Diesel Heater!)
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Hi Tom,
the CX deisel turbo was the fastest pasenger deisel car in the world in it's time. It set several fuel economy/speed records when new (with bog standard production cars). Slow it shouldn't be. From memory they are as quick as a CX2500 GTi but with gobs more torque (0-100km/h in 10.5seconds sounds about right).
Possibly the injection timing is out or something ??
As for turbo II deisel having porous blocks, any that are left are sure to be either sorted, or not have the problem in the first place.
seeya,
Shane L.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

BX TZDEstate: 1077Kg plus a/c, call it 1090. 90 BHP
CX 2.5 TRD: 1405Kg. 95 BHP
BX 82.5 BHP/tonne
CX 67.5 BHP/tonne.
Options: tweak the T1 or find a T2 lump.