More than one car.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bxbodger</i>

How they know what mileage you do is a mystery though- presumeably if you claim they check the last MOT or something if you claim.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes they do.... Which is why my work car gets 2 MOT tests a year as my declared milage is 8K and my actual milage is nearer 20K.
Yes it is worth the aggro as I know a nice garage, the MOT is a cheapo £15 one and as they service my work mile muncher (now the AX) they always pass it... It knocks about £60 off the insurance a year.
2 Cars - a necessity Im afraid. The wife drives my car (mandy) mostly as invariably she has the kids and major buggy and I drive her car (AX) - this year we downsized from a 1.9ZX to the 1.5 AX to take advantage of cheaper insurance and road tax.
Its not cheap to run 2 cars - i would have another if I could afford it. (a Dyane for preference).[:D]
derekjl57
My Cars:

Post by derekjl57 »

I recently got a good deal with Footman James for our 9 vehicles.. includes two classics (Series 1 Land Rover and MG Midget), a Ferguson TE20 tractor, and an old MG Maestro and a Mk1 Mini that are undergoing restoration (well, jsut about - they've been in the same state for nearly 5 years now...) as well as the Xantia, 205GTi and Discovery we use for everyday use (including work). Not sure they'd give such a good deal of smaller number of cars thougth.
ssray
My Cars:

Post by ssray »

through adrian flux i get tpft and 10k per year for £143,i use my no claims on my other car.
it seems that as long as the car is over 10yrs they can get a classic policy on it,i had a c reg audi and then a f reg 205 diesel on the same policy.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

That sounds good..........do they permit business use, however? That appears to be a stumbling block with Classic insurance. I need it to claim my 40p a mile from my employers ( the government...... ) which more or less pays for the car.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Insurance on the Bling is about £240 p/a with the CSMA. I enquired about cover for the Pug, and they advised I could put it on the same policy for another £185. This is for me and Mrs B (a learner) to drive the Pug and me only on the Bling. I was stunned at this as other quotes varied between £300 to £750, just to cover the Pug! Both cars can be driven at the same time (when Mrs B has past her test) Only downside is the excess is higher for the Missus, I suppose because she is a learner.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I have 4. (5 if you counted the mr2 I just scrapped)
1) Mini Clubman 1 owner (Austin), showroom mileage - long term project.
2) Vauxhall Nova - Long Term Scrap! lol
3) Toyota Mr2 Mk1 - Summer Toy, Second Car, Needs Restoring
4) Citroen ZX - Current run around, you can tell mine, its covered it dent's, its drity, and it has a trail of oil out the back! lol
I now have my eye on a very nice Alfa GTV Turbo, should eat all my money! long time away tho - insurance!!