35 seconds oil

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pikecrazy
My Cars:

Post by pikecrazy »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACTIVE8</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Will this vehicle be used on the road ? Not sure ......<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
[?] Why not ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Because it isnt my car [:D]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

The brain is analogue and can only think in straight lines? No, no, no.
Earthlings have analogue brains and can think laterally. Rocks have digital brains and think in straight lines. (Designers of analogue computers contributing to this discussion should, like me, get a life!)
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACTIVE8</i>

When the fuel is returned to the tank it is common to see that the return pipe takes the form of a coiled pipe, adjacent to the fuel tank. This is to increase the surface area of the pipe, and to allow it to act as a heat exchanger.

This explains what is stuck to the underside of my car[:)]
pikecrazy
My Cars:

Post by pikecrazy »

Can a lubricant be added too the fuel ?
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

bernie
I am pleased that you found that information useful. [:)]
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Robin</i>

It is important you do understand the difference between 35 sec 'heating' oil which is diesel oil to all intents and purposes and TVO (Tractor Vapourising Oil) which is heavy paraffin 28 sec oil and further refined.
Non ECU or common rail diesels will run on all of this but the 35 sec heating oil is the safest. The TVO light oil will destroy the engine eventually. It was intended for low compression spark ignition engines with a preheat arrangement in the exhaust manifold.
35 sec heating oil will run in any diesel, including HDI, with a preheat arrangement but the higher calorific value may just mess up the little brain which is still analogue I think and therefore only thinks in straight lines[:0]
Thanks for this, I didn't realise the 35 second oil was a different animal entirely.
Very interesting.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

There was an interesting item on the Swedish morning news today, the boss of the Swedens largest supplier of house heating oil (Preem) stated that due to the governments increases in energy taxation for heating oil during 2003-2004, the consumption of said oil had dropped by about 25%. What did he intend to do about this? (No, he didn't even mention suggesting to the government that they reduce the tax to allow us poor overtaxed peasants to afford to heat our houses!) He said that the surplus heating oil would be "re-generated" into ultra-low sulfur diesel oil - by which I think he meant that they would change the labels on the drums(!) since there is a state of consumption exceeding production for diesel oil in Europe (i.e. they can make more money out of selling heating oil as diesel!)
//NiSk
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
How can i tell other than the number on the drum ie the oil type code ...? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Well the best source for what it can be used for, is obviously the manufacturer !!