Well I Never......

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Citroen made a 4x4 AX![:0]
Interesting!
So, does that mean there could be a 4 X 4 Xantia?
I am aware that there is the 4 X 4 BX, so did the Xantia ever get the same treatment from Citroen, or a conversion company?
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Thre was a story in the local rag a few years ago about one clocked at 120 mph on the A55,A Reliant regal as I recall the pig in question did have a nissan motor in it but it was a more lowly sunny engine/box, Triumph herald motors could be persuaded to go in too, then they will wheelie but differential action kicks in then and I believe they sort of turn sharply and fall over! The standard motor is capable of propelling one to the ton under favourable conditions if its a good un to my shame I have owned one many moons ago.
Stewart
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Active8: Well there was the almost 700bhp 4*4 xantia for rallycross if thats what youre asking about? :DDDDDD http://koti.mbnet.fi/css/xantia/xantiacomp.html
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

VisaGTi16v
Thanks for that info! I like motorsport, that was interesting, and useful. [:D] I remember watching rallycross on BBC1 many years ago, seeing all the old motors at Lydden Hill racing around the track.
Although as the BX 4 X 4 was a limited edition road going model.
So I was wondering if Citroen carried on with the idea on the Xantia, or if it stopped with the BX.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Been trecking through eBay France - amazed at how cheap AX's are over there..... No 4x4's so far though!
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Has anybody seen any Dangel coversion over here in England? only seen a 504 pickup in a field near St.Tropez, wouldn't mind one here ! An AX 4x4 could be fun, get some bigger wheels on it, raise up the suspenion could be a real mud plugger. My uncle tells me of a Fiat Panda 4x4 he saw pulling out stuck range rovers a while back, beat to hell, no mot but an honest imbarresment to the big rangers owners.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Active8: Bit off topic but heres a photo of me at Lydden back in 2001 in my old standard Visa doing a timed sprint :) http://www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com/galle ... 17a1x1.jpg It is a great track, should get to take the 16v one round it next year for the first time
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

VisaGTi16v
Looks like fun,[:D][:D] can you take anything on the track?
I ask this because I am sure I saw a CX on this forum racing.
It was to do with an eBay sale, and appeared to be driving around a race track which looked like Lydden Hill.
The details are on this :-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 84813&rd=1
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Thats deffinatly Lydden, doesnt have any numbers on it so it must have been a track day or something which they do occasionaly as well as test days for people with competition licenses. My photo was from an organised sprint which are done with hillclimbs, against the clock in classes etc, 1.75laps from standing start