digital clock back light 405

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vinny180
My Cars:

Post by vinny180 »

Thaks again for the help Lee.
I will have a go tomorrow so long as not to much beer tonight[;)]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PowerLee</i>

Hi
That outside temp sensor is located in the passenger side door mirror, See my previous post on that one.
Now to the fans
Its normally a dirty electrical connection that causes the fans to stop working.
Ok, Inside the fusebox to the right of the drivers knee behind the little door that just pulls off remove fuse no 2 a 5 amp & turn the ignition on, Do the fans cut in at slow speed now?
If you have aircon, Switch it on with the ignition, Do the fans cut in?
Check the fuses under the bonnet in the small black fuse box near the power steering fluid bottle.
Hidden behind the passenger side headlamp is the fans / aircon control box or to give it its correct name BITRON box, Sometimes these go wrong.
Sometimes the fan motors fail.
Do the easy fuse checks first, Then you need to unplug the 3 fan relays behind the front grill & check the terminals are clean & bright & the same for the plugs too.
To get the grill off, 1 x 10mm bolt in each top corner, 1 x cross head screw in each bottom corner between the slats & unclip ( If its still there ) The black plastic clip that holds the plastic bonnet release pull handle to the grill.
Lift the grill off, While its off, hoover all the dead leaves out from behind the fans.
CAUTION! The fans CAN run without the key even being in the ignition!
( When you have fixed them! )
Check out this link, Its really helpful & explains the BITRON & fans in great detail.
Click on "ELECTRICAL" at the top & then on "306 Cooling fans, Basic pricipals of operation" in the list on the left.
I know it says 306, But they are the same as the 405 & most other PSA cars
http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/base/workshop.htm
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Ok, lol
Most Peugeot electrical faults turn out to be dodgy connections somewhere.
Its just finding the duff conection that drives you mad! lol
vinny180
My Cars:

Post by vinny180 »

Thats the fans now working. A bit of bad wire replaced and cleaned up all the connections on the 3 relays . Just the rev counter now and i will be happy<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PowerLee</i>

Ok, lol
Most Peugeot electrical faults turn out to be dodgy connections somewhere.
Its just finding the duff conection that drives you mad! lol
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">