Doh, methinks my HG has gone now.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">What you need a nice air cooled car,they are fantastic!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hmmmm, let me see.....like a Beetle, or maybe a Trabbie.......[;)]
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Just adding a bit to this; I posted on an Aussie forum about this as we are into heatwave conditions at present so overheating is an issue at present and one guy who is a long term Citroen owner made the comment that he thinks it was this bottom hose I made reference to collapsing that caused BX16Vs to overheat when they raced ay Bathurst in the early 90s.
Interesting if he's correct as I wonder how many head gaskets that little baby has cost in the intervening period?
Alan S
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by 2cvracer28</i>

<font color="blue"></font id="blue">
My advice would be to break it up for spares and stop messing about.
Sounds like you have wasted enough time and money already.
Thank you so much for you helpful and constructive comments...
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Never were a good car in the first place.
Balls.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
What you need a nice air cooled car,they are fantastic!
There will be a day when all the current manufactures see the light and stop using water.Granted they are prone to some heat seizures if driven with some vigor but other than that marvelous!
I love air-cooled cars but sadly they cannot compete with todays expected standards of speed and economy.
I have thrashed various A-series cars over many thousands of miles and have never had a heat seizure; I think they are more of a problem with the dog of an air cooled engine VW used, and on some 80's 2cvs which have had build problems of loose cylinder heads and overly lean jetted carbs left unrectified.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Hmmm.... after all negative comments I'd just like to say that one of the many things I like about the BX is the way it's possible use zero-cost repairs or get-throughs such as Jon's to keep the things going!
My favourite - temporary (small)gasket created from a small sheet of rubberised material left over after fitting a toilet seat.......
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

.......and when I did buy a head-gasketed BX (Doh!!!) I used a crocodile clip on the thermo fan contacts to keep the fans running permanently on the local-only trips until I had the money to get the HG fixed.
broomie
My Cars:

Post by broomie »

DLM
hope car still going well
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">heatwave conditions at the moment <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Roll on summer, it's cold here in the U.K.